Quantcast

Financial Aid for 2nd bachelor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmalbert

Reaction score
I've been debating the path I should take to make medical school a reality. I don't have any savings as I've spent most of the past 4 years since receiving my undergrad paying off debt.

Short synopsis, my undergrad GPA was terrible I graduated w/ a degree in Business. Now I want to pursue Medical School, but in order to boost my GPA I need to take enough courses to where I might as well get a bachelors in Biology or a related science.

Anyway my previous undergrad was mostly financed through private loans and gov't loans. I know there's an undergrad max loan amount, but does that apply for 2nd bachelors degrees?

Optomchick

Reaction score
I've been debating the path I should take to make medical school a reality. I don't have any savings as I've spent most of the past 4 years since receiving my undergrad paying off debt.

Short synopsis, my undergrad GPA was terrible I graduated w/ a degree in Business. Now I want to pursue Medical School, but in order to boost my GPA I need to take enough courses to where I might as well get a bachelors in Biology or a related science.

Anyway my previous undergrad was mostly financed through private loans and gov't loans. I know there's an undergrad max loan amount, but does that apply for 2nd bachelors degrees?

you can take community college classes for the medical school pre-reqs. they're usually extremely cheap and if you show you need financial help on the FAFSA, you can get all fees covered as well.