Financial aid for Caribbean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuro27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone answer these questions for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Some are kind of confirming older threads in the forum and some are asking for more detail on some info I found.

1. $200,000+ loan is available through financial aid for all 4 years?

2. What percentage of $200k+ is subsidized/unsubsidized?

3. Loans for Caribbean schools have higher interest rate than loans for U.S. schools? If so, how much higher? (I think for U.S. schools, it would be variable with around 8% max)

4. Loans for Caribbean schools have to be paid back more quickly? If so, what is the maximum number of years?

5. On the application (e.g. SGU), would it be okay to put ~$50k/year in loans as financial source and minimal amounts in other categories? Would this affect your admission?

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone answer these questions for me? It would be greatly appreciated. Some are kind of confirming older threads in the forum and some are asking for more detail on some info I found.

1. $200,000+ loan is available through financial aid for all 4 years?

2. What percentage of $200k+ is subsidized/unsubsidized?

3. Loans for Caribbean schools have higher interest rate than loans for U.S. schools? If so, how much higher? (I think for U.S. schools, it would be variable with around 8% max)

4. Loans for Caribbean schools have to be paid back more quickly? If so, what is the maximum number of years?

5. On the application (e.g. SGU), would it be okay to put ~$50k/year in loans as financial source and minimal amounts in other categories? Would this affect your admission?

School such as Ross and SGU both get US Federal Loans for the students. The same rates as US students..but you may have to get other private loans.

Canadians have to take out all private loans. Stop complaining.

Also, do some basic research. What is the world would make you think Caribbean loans would have to be paid back any faster? Did you make that up?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody is complaining. You sound bitter and I would tell you to just relax but it seems like a bug has crawled up your ass. But just to amuse you, here is link to the post.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=1993344&postcount=2

But seriously, why would you listen to a Pharmacy student when it comes to medical school? Okay, maybe you did not take the 30 seconds to look up the person's posts. It is really hard work, I know...

The fact remains that if you had spent 1 hour researching something as important as medical school, you would be doing more important things than wondering what crawled up someone's arse.

Shah Patel summed it up. You have federal loans for a few schools and you make up the shortfall with private loans. You pay the loans back according to your loan guidelines, not according to what school you attended.

Use your brain...but then again if you had used your brain all along then you would not need to go to a Caribbean school:laugh:

(yes, I will be attending a Caribbean school so the irony is not lost on me)

I dunno if we have to take out private loans out anymore at ross.

I remember hearing something recently about US gov't loans being extended or something. Beats me.

I just sign up and sign off on the loans.