financial aid for international students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adison

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can someone please help me out.

I have a bachelor's degree in filmmaking but have recently decided to study medicine. The only problem is that I'm not an American citizen and that med school in the US cost a lot of money.

Does anyone know if there is any financial aid (loans, scholarships, grants etc) availaible for international students like myself. And if so, how do I apply for them?

Thanks so much for your help :)

Members don't see this ad.

Do you have a green card? If yes, you Are eligible for govt loans just like anybody else.if not, your only option is rich parents or the lottery. Most med schools won' t even consider students who require visas, so the loan issue is really secondary. If medicine is what you want to do, complete your medical degree in your country and then try coming back here for residency. Good luck!

Do you have a green card? If yes, you Are eligible for govt loans just like anybody else.if not, your only option is rich parents or the lottery. Most med schools won' t even consider students who require visas, so the loan issue is really secondary. If medicine is what you want to do, complete your medical degree in your country and then try coming back here for residency. Good luck!

I am currently an international student who studied in the US and got accepted to 2 medical schools here so its not impossible. I have friends who are also internaitonal who got loans through Wells Fargo but they require a cosigner. So the loan issue is more primary than secondary as more international students get accepted than are reported. Do a detailed check on eahc bank of choice for interest and payment rates to make your decision

is there any way for an international student (on a visa, no green card/permanant resident) to get a loan, without a cosigner?