Quantcast

Financial Aid for Waitlisteees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Smile'n'Wink MD

Hi Everyone,

I'm already in one school and they told me that I should apply ASAP to get the best financial aid packet as possible. Unfortunately, I'm waitlisted at my #1 choice and am wondering if this school, if eventually accepted, will offer me a poor package b/c of my delayed acceptance? They are both UC's if that makes a difference. Thanks!

ayo302

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
another question along the same lines... how will accepting the financial offer at a school to which you are accepted (i.e. signed promissory note, applying for and accepting alternative loans designated for that school) affect financial aid at a school from which you might be accepted off the waitlist?

i guess my exact question is, if i do all this loan stuff now, i will be asking to borrow a lot more than what i will need at my first choice school if i were to be accepted off the waitlist... so, if i am accepted, can i just go to the lenders and say 'oh, i don't need these anymore, take them back?'.. also, how does it work with the MPN? would i just have to sign a new MPN for the other school? :confused: excuse my cluelessness... any help would be appreciated

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
schools usually have emergency funds, but I would apply for aid to be on the safe side.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.