Financial Aid Lender Question

Started by off2skl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

off2skl

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in the midst of filling out all the financial aid paperwork. My school is not a direct lender for Stafford loansso I will need to choose one. i was on the THE website and it looks like they have an application as well. When in the process do I complete this...before I tell my school that I have selected them as the lender or afterward?

Any other tidbits I may needs to know?

Thanks!
 
you are prob talking about the master promissory note, there isnt an app for stafford loans, it goes through the finaid app u already should have sent in, ie. fafsa. Lenders will have master prom notes u can fill out but your school will have a generic one where u can put in whatever lender code u want. Just print off THE's and send it to your school, as far as private loans, u should wait till your school gives u an award letter to apply for them.