Financial Aid Package

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkey12

Monkey12
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In general, after a school accepts you, when do they let you know if you're eligible for any scholarships grants? Do you have to submit your FAFSA to their financial aid dept. first? Who would you go through to request a OOS fee waiver?
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

In general, after a school accepts you, when do they let you know if you're eligible for any scholarships grants? Do you have to submit your FAFSA to their financial aid dept. first? Who would you go through to request a OOS fee waiver?
Thanks in advance!

perhaps you should first focus on getting that "acceptance"!:sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been accepted to UIC. I'm just trying to figure out how to deal with the high OOS tuition.

contact the school then. If i tell you how johns hopkins does financial aid it wont help you very much will it?:sleep:

State schools aren't often very sympathetic to OOS students. If they let you in, then you must be competative. They should have given you a scholarship with your acceptance if it was to be a significant one. Otherwise what's to keep you in your home state?

State schools aren't often very sympathetic to OOS students. If they let you in, then you must be competative. They should have given you a scholarship with your acceptance if it was to be a significant one. Otherwise what's to keep you in your home state?

Thanks Wizard. I will wait until I find out which campus I'll be at and then I'll contact the school.