financial aid question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VneZonyDostupa

PGY-6 (ID Fellow)
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys

so just a quick question for you guys who are already in school and using loans. If you get your loan for school and living expenses, are you allowed to use part of it to pay off like $2000 on a credit card from apps and interview stuff and various other charges?

Members don't see this ad.

I think once you get the refund check for living expenses, you are free to do what you wish with it. I don't think anyone cares what you do with the money, as long asa you realize that once you spend it, you're not getting anymore (there are exceptions where the school will help you get more loan money for a laptop or something like that). Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

I think once you get the refund check for living expenses, you are free to do what you wish with it. I don't think anyone cares what you do with the money, as long asa you realize that once you spend it, you're not getting anymore (there are exceptions where the school will help you get more loan money for a laptop or something like that). Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Sounds about what I thought I'd heard. Thanks! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys

so just a quick question for you guys who are already in school and using loans. If you get your loan for school and living expenses, are you allowed to use part of it to pay off like $2000 on a credit card from apps and interview stuff and various other charges?

Yes - you will have to give the bill to your financial aid office and what they will do is add the *monthly* credit card payment into your budget. I don't think they can add in the entire extra sum though.