Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

score_7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone started planning for this yet??
I'm so confused as to where to begin. I know I must fill out the FAFSA ASAP, but I haven't recieved my W-2 yet...I will also talk to a financial aid officer of the college, but has anyone started the process yet? To those optometry students out there and anyone else who knows, what steps did you take in order to get full financial coverage (through loans)?

Members don't see this ad.

SCO said they would mail me the fin aid packet and scholarship. I think I should start filling out my FAFSA...hmm

Does anyone know the exact timeline of due dates?

blazenmadison said:
SCO said they would mail me the fin aid packet and scholarship. I think I should start filling out my FAFSA...hmm

Does anyone know the exact timeline of due dates?

SCO requires that the FAFSA be completed by Feb. 20. All the info for SCO regarding financial aid you should already have from your materials given on the interview day. If not, the SCO Financial Aid Page has all of this info as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the link:)

score_7 said:
Has anyone started planning for this yet??
I'm so confused as to where to begin. I know I must fill out the FAFSA ASAP, but I haven't recieved my W-2 yet...I will also talk to a financial aid officer of the college, but has anyone started the process yet? To those optometry students out there and anyone else who knows, what steps did you take in order to get full financial coverage (through loans)?

You can fill out your FAFSA and "turn it in". Just estimate your personal tax stuff. After completing your FAFSA, you can make changes...so make the changes after you get your W-2. That's exactly what I just did. But, I haven't gotten my W-2 yet.

sco requires that we have to complete the fafsa by feb20th. does that mean when we submit the form electronically by feb 20th? or do sco have to receive it by feb20th? according to sco finacial aid website: it said if the fafsa was completed electronically on fafsa.ed.gov. we will have answers in 2-3 wks.

eye_candie said:
sco requires that we have to complete the fafsa by feb20th. does that mean when we submit the form electronically by feb 20th? or do sco have to receive it by feb20th? according to sco finacial aid website: it said if the fafsa was completed electronically on fafsa.ed.gov. we will have answers in 2-3 wks.

does this apply to 1st years? Prospective Students can still be accepted in March. (so they're screwed?)

blazenmadison said:
does this apply to 1st years? Prospective Students can still be accepted in March. (so they're screwed?)

If you are interested in attending SCO, or any other school for that matter... fill out the FAFSA and include that school as one that you want your information sent to. If you don't go to the school in the future... no biggie. Really, you could list every optometry school in the country as one that you want to receive the info, then you would really be covered! I think all of the schools have similar deadlines for the FAFSA (I do believe ICO is around March 1st) so go ahead and fill it out as soon as you can! Best of luck... p.greeneyes