optogirl7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Optometry
Hi, I would like a former optometry student to give me an advice. Does financial aid cover all the expenses or do we have to get money of our own to pay for the first $1000 or $2000 that is due after you get accepted to optometry school.

prettygreeneyes

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2005
Guarded by Ninjas
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometry Student
Hi, I would like a former optometry student to give me an advice. Does financial aid cover all the expenses or do we have to get money of our own to pay for the first $1000 or $2000 that is due after you get accepted to optometry school.

Hi there,

While I'm not a former optometry student, I can tell you that the deposit or "down payment" on tuition is not covered by financial aid, and is something you will be responsible for coming up with. For Pacific, the deposit amount was $500, and that went towards your first semester tuition. $1000-2000 would be pretty steep, and I'm not sure that any school would require that much. Financial aid won't cover that because generally your aid package isn't available until school starts, and often hasn't been finalized until the summer.

Hope this helps!

PGE

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.