financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pej722

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone...I graduated college in 2007 and have been working for the past couple of years. I just started investigating the field of podiatry and I recently went to the temple open house. They said that they have a few spots left for enrolling this year. If I did apply and enroll this year, the problem would be paying off my car loan. I have approx $6,000 left on my loan. Is there anyway that student loans can be arranged so that my auto loan is considered part of my living expenses and I am still able to make my car payment every month thru student loans. thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I was there too, who's group were you in? I thought about applying now, but I'm going to wait til next year because I would really need to rush to take mcats

No, they won't take your car loan into account when figuring out your school budget. You'll just have to figure out how to live on less money. In truth, if you are a single student it shouldn't be that hard. You'll just have to learn to budget and if you qualify, take advantage of government programs like food stamps to make up for some of the difference. If you can save money on stuff like food, that'll give you more to play with for your car loan. A large portion of students have car payments so you aren't any different than the rest of us.