Financial aid

Started by Nibbler36
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nibbler36

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i was flipping through the CIB from AACOM, looking up random info on schools haha, and I noticed that the average amount of a scholarship/grant at NSU is 30,000, which is almost twice as much as the nearest contender.

Are they really that generous or am I really misinterpreting this information?

Their average indebtedness doesn't seem much lower than that at schools with higher tuition and much less aid.

I would love to hear everyone's opinions on this haha, especially anyone who is currently a Nova student
 
So i was flipping through the CIB from AACOM, looking up random info on schools haha, and I noticed that the average amount of a scholarship/grant at NSU is 30,000, which is almost twice as much as the nearest contender.

Are they really that generous or am I really misinterpreting this information?

Their average indebtedness doesn't seem much lower than that at schools with higher tuition and much less aid.

I would love to hear everyone's opinions on this haha, especially anyone who is currently a Nova student


I was under the impression that there were no grants/scholarships (besides the OMM fellowship) and that everyone paid the full amount through subsidized/unsubsidized loans.
 
Hmm maybe you're right. Although when I visited PCOM I was told that they have several need based and merit based scholarships available so I'm thinking there have to be a larger variety of scholarships and grants available at various schools aside from the OMM fellowship.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It means that not that many people (a low percentage of people) get the scholarship/grant. Thus, the average indebtness is still high. Those scholarships are competitive, most shouldn't expect to get them.


So i was flipping through the CIB from AACOM, looking up random info on schools haha, and I noticed that the average amount of a scholarship/grant at NSU is 30,000, which is almost twice as much as the nearest contender.

Are they really that generous or am I really misinterpreting this information?

Their average indebtedness doesn't seem much lower than that at schools with higher tuition and much less aid.

I would love to hear everyone's opinions on this haha, especially anyone who is currently a Nova student
 
That's what i thought at first, but the CIB indicates that something like 91 percent get financial aid, so I'm guessing they must take all the recipients into their average calculations.

Something isn't adding up haha
 
I noticed that the average amount of a scholarship/grant at NSU is 30,000, which is almost twice as much as the nearest contender.

Are they really that generous or am I really misinterpreting this information?

Their average indebtedness doesn't seem much lower than that at schools with higher tuition and much less aid.

Maybe they include the people in HPSP?
 
Last edited:
If I'm correct, financial aid just means loans, scholarships, whatever.

That's what i thought at first, but the CIB indicates that something like 91 percent get financial aid, so I'm guessing they must take all the recipients into their average calculations.

Something isn't adding up haha