Financial freedom as a doctor.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WinneDaFoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i mean, so many threads come up about money, loans, and struggles, but...

why does nobody think about just marrying somebody whose not a doctor and let them support you until you make the big bucks, and then u can bust a little role reversal. great idea, no?

i mean bottom line, we all like science...so dont change what you want to do with your life based on money...

just marry somebody with an MBA :)

i just get tired of hearing the same sob story in multiple threads, take the advice for what its worth :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

What happened to marrying someone you love?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously - I think I will be able to live very comfortably during my residency years with my husband supporting us both. Then I can put all my paycheck toward loan repayment which gets rid of almost 3/4 of the principle balance). Then one more year of practice living pretty modestly and I'll have everythign completely paid off.

Educational loans are the only ones I'm really worried about mortgages are no big deal, because if I wasn't paying for the mortgage I'd be paying rent.

That one long thread going on and on about all the debt you're constantly paying off was just ridiculous. OF COURSE YOU"LL ALWAYS BE PAYING FOR SOMETHING! Thats life! As a doctor, you'll be able to pay for it much better than most people.