Financial software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Interpolfanclub

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that I'll finally be making a salary in July as opposed to accruing more student loan debt I wanted to purchase a financial program to keep track of my expenses, loans etc etc.

Seems that the most commonly used ones are Quicken, Microsoft Money. I went to Cnet and looked at online reviews and the consumer reviews for those two were atrocious.

Can anyone recommend from experience a good financial program?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

you should check out yodlee. Its so awesome that i almost check it everyday. Plus they track all your rewards points too. and its free!

the last time i used software was ms money 2006 - and i absolutely loved it. but i hated the fact that they didn't have a mac version, and the mac version of quickbooks is garbage. so i'd say go with money.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've used Quicken since 1999 and highly recommend it. It's very easy to use and I've never had any problems.

Check out eBay and you should be able to get Quicken 2007 Premier for around $20.

For the real cheap among us, excel works well once you know how to manipulate the functions. If all you need to keep track of is asset/liability/spending/saving or anything basic, a simple excel spreadsheet can do the trick.

If you want to upgrade a little, I would recommend Quicken. I've never tried Microsoft Money but Quicken has satisfied my needs. I've used it to manage inventories, keep track of payments, blah blah blah.