Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I get queasy and ill thinking about the $300,000.00 in loans that I will have to pay off after completion of medical school. I think that I may have seen one or two posts from people claiming they will have that much debt, but not many people do or will. Last night, my longtime girlfriend told me she was concerned about our future financial situation and I thought I was going to have a heart attack...honestly... I had chest pains (I'm 24).
When I finally decided that I was going to pursue this career, the only thing I was concerned about my future financial situation. I thought long and hard about it, and decided that I was not going to let finances stop me from pursuing a career that embodies everything that I want in life.
Since, making that decision I constantly think about the financial hole that I am digging myself. The thought of paying back $300,000.00 dollars (probably closer to $800,000.00 after interest accrues ove 20 years) comes close to giving me a panic attack.
Lastly, it upsets me that I fall into a financial category that provides me with no financial assistance. My family is very middle class. We are not poor, but not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination. My parents can not afford to support me, but because they are financially comfortable, I am not eligible for need-based assistance. It very annoying.
Well...thanks for letting me vent. I apoligize if you read this far but maybe you find yourself in the same position. Anyway, life goes on and my concern and fear motivates me to be the best medical school applicant I can be.
When I finally decided that I was going to pursue this career, the only thing I was concerned about my future financial situation. I thought long and hard about it, and decided that I was not going to let finances stop me from pursuing a career that embodies everything that I want in life.
Since, making that decision I constantly think about the financial hole that I am digging myself. The thought of paying back $300,000.00 dollars (probably closer to $800,000.00 after interest accrues ove 20 years) comes close to giving me a panic attack.
Lastly, it upsets me that I fall into a financial category that provides me with no financial assistance. My family is very middle class. We are not poor, but not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination. My parents can not afford to support me, but because they are financially comfortable, I am not eligible for need-based assistance. It very annoying.
Well...thanks for letting me vent. I apoligize if you read this far but maybe you find yourself in the same position. Anyway, life goes on and my concern and fear motivates me to be the best medical school applicant I can be.