Financing post bacc

Started by J_N2020
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

J_N2020

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear forum members,

I was wondering how you guys paid for your post bacc. I heard some post bacc programs are classified as graduate programs (artificially, I guess?) but that many aren't, and are basically considered a 5th/6th year. If you're right out of school, don't have much of a credit history or a cosigner, what do you do? And also, is there a list of post bacc programs online that are eligible for grad plus loans?

Thanks so much.
 
I didn't have to pay for my post-bacc because I was an employee at a university. A lot of universities allow their employees to take classes for free or for a very reduced price. It definitely took me longer than if I was a student full time, but it allowed me to have an income and complete my coursework.
 
I didn't have to pay for my post-bacc because I was an employee at a university. A lot of universities allow their employees to take classes for free or for a very reduced price. It definitely took me longer than if I was a student full time, but it allowed me to have an income and complete my coursework.

Thanks for your reply! May I ask what kind of job you had at the university?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tuition reimbursement through my employer. I'm a research assistant at an academic hospital. The dollar amount is only enough for ~1.5 classes per calendar year, but that has made a huge difference.
 
Have you talked to the financial aid office at the university that you're interested in?