Financing post bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J_N2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear forum members,

I was wondering how you guys paid for your post bacc. I heard some post bacc programs are classified as graduate programs (artificially, I guess?) but that many aren't, and are basically considered a 5th/6th year. If you're right out of school, don't have much of a credit history or a cosigner, what do you do? And also, is there a list of post bacc programs online that are eligible for grad plus loans?

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't have to pay for my post-bacc because I was an employee at a university. A lot of universities allow their employees to take classes for free or for a very reduced price. It definitely took me longer than if I was a student full time, but it allowed me to have an income and complete my coursework.

I didn't have to pay for my post-bacc because I was an employee at a university. A lot of universities allow their employees to take classes for free or for a very reduced price. It definitely took me longer than if I was a student full time, but it allowed me to have an income and complete my coursework.

Thanks for your reply! May I ask what kind of job you had at the university?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply! May I ask what kind of job you had at the university?

I worked in clinical trial administration but I have a graduate business degree. I know other people who worked as medical assistants, patient care associates, or research coordinators.

Tuition reimbursement through my employer. I'm a research assistant at an academic hospital. The dollar amount is only enough for ~1.5 classes per calendar year, but that has made a huge difference.

Have you talked to the financial aid office at the university that you're interested in?