financing pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rnnpmaybe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I don't have alot of extra cash lying around to pay for pre-reqs up front. Can one get federal aid if you're not degree-seeking? How about just taking one class per semester? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

if you already work in healthcare most places will pay for job-related courses

if you already work in healthcare most places will pay for job-related courses

This isn't necessarily true, in many/most jobs, in which an employee plans to enter medical school. The employer will have very little chance of said employee returning as a physician in nearly a decade. Thus, they have no interest in paying for these courses.

That being said, there's always a slim chance, and it never hurts to ask. Perhaps if you're not quite sure about entering medicine at this point, you could convince your employer that these courses would made you a better [insert occupation here], and he/she might be more inclined to shell out some dough. :luck: :)

Members don't see this ad :)
the policy for most tuition reimbursement from employers is that it is related to your job and you have to work for them for a year after the final disbursement of funds. I don't think I could convince them that organic chemistry is related to my job as a charge nurse. :)

the policy for most tuition reimbursement from employers is that it is related to your job and you have to work for them for a year after the final disbursement of funds. I don't think I could convince them that organic chemistry is related to my job as a charge nurse. :)

Blasphemy! Drawing 2-methoxycyclodecanol is about the most important part of managing your patients! You'll only realize this after you finish ochem. :D