Financing School for International Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyPomme

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm going to be a 1st year in a few months and Ive started looking into financing options for tuition/living in the States as a Canadian citizen. I've noticed that banks don't give much money for student lines of credit, and that all the US lines of credit need a US co-signer, which is hard to come by for most of us. So my question is, how are y'all international students financing your podiatry education?

Members don't see this ad.

Loans from your provincial government will constitute most of it, some from the Canadian government. That should cover tuition. then you'll need to get a line of credit for all the extra stuff. it isn't easy.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm at a DO school and I got loans from Canada. For Podiatry make sure to indicate you're going to a Podiatric "medical school" when applying for loans. Otherwise they'll think you're doing chiropody and won't give you enough. Canadians bank loans are the only option if you don't have a US cosigner.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but do you mind if I ask what school you're attending and the kind of loan you got? I'm a Canadian hopefully applying to DO schools in a few cycles and am trying to research how Canadian's finance their US education. Thank you!