Financing your Dental Education?

Started by briansle
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

briansle

Cell A
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI,

I just received financial aid info from my school.

How do you guys decide how much to borrow? How have you broken up the tuition costs between Stafford and Grad Plus?

1. I plan on maxing out my Stafford loans for as much as I am eligible.
2. And then I plan on taking loans out with GradPlus to cover the remaining cost of tuition.
3. Living and personal expenses will come out of my own pocket.

Any advice and tips on how to go about this?

Also, has anybody going to USC already filled out and returned the financial aid package sent to you?

Is Sallie Mae the most common lender used?