Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

FINCH Program

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TexasGuy41, Oct 1, 2002.

1. TexasGuy41

TexasGuy41 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey, does anyone have the link to that old discussion about the Finch Program. I'm seriously considering applying to it in case I don't get in this time, since its my second year applying. Thanks

2. agent

agent agent, RN
    7+ Year Member

just search on finch.. you'll get a lot.

3. anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm in the program now...pm me if you want..
    anxious

4. nkow

nkow bouncin' here and there
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    finch is the "we'll accept you and charge you $$$ to go there" school right?

5. anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree with you about it being a BANK but I will admit, that lecturers and quality of education are excellent (for at least the first 2 years)....many of the writers for questions for the boards are at our school....since we GIVE SOOO MUCH $$$ for tuition, we get awesome profs......trust me im not a fan of their $ minded philosophy.... Dude, btw, its VERY HARD/COMPETITVE to keep the 3.0 gpa to stay in here and get in..there are alot of peeps who have NOT made it....we ahve a FULL M1 year w/out anatomy but in lieu of anatomy we have 3-4 grad classes...workload is hard plus the pressure of maitaining the grades is alot...but then your m1 year..its CAKE you dont have to repeat any of the courses...so thats a major plus!!!

6. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Do you get to save on tuition as a MS1 if you don't have to repeat the courses?

Also, are the classes with the MS1's or are they separate like some other programs out there?

7. anxiousmed

anxiousmed Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

that's why its a bank....you pay tuition both years...even your official m1 year is a joke.....as regards to classes...there are very few classes you are not taking with the m1's...only grad students...

8. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Damn, that is a joke, but med school is med school and I'll keep this program on the backburner for now.