Find A Pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yah-E

Toof Sniper
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do I go about locating where my friend works? I want to surprise her one day when I visit AZ, but I don't know where exactly she works! All I know is that she works in Scottsdale, AZ in a grocery store pharmacy somehwere. Is there a pharmicist directory that I can use? I really don't want to call a bunch of grocery stores and try to locate her.

Any suggestions will be great!

Members don't see this ad.

PM me, and it's possible that I can find out for you. I happen to work for a grocery store pharmacy in AZ too. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Banana:

I knew someone would ask that very question. I first have to ask her the grocery store name, then she'll answer, then I'll have to ask her what is the specific location of her grocery store......as you can see, one question after the other can lead to "why do you want to know so much?"

That will kind of give the "surprise" element away, don't you think? I much rather try to locate her first on my own.

JD:

I appreciate your offer! If I can't find her, then I'll PM you for help! :thumbup: In the mean time, is there no online directory of all Pharmacists?

Yah-E said:
Banana:
I appreciate your offer! If I can't find her, then I'll PM you for help! :thumbup: In the mean time, is there no online directory of all Pharmacists?
There is a list of all the AZ-licensed pharmacists on the State Board's web site (not the nicest one around), but there is no other info (only the names).

Unless you wait until a week before you go to ask her, she will probably not suspect anything.

My advice would be to not just barge in unannounced. She is probably not going to be able to talk for long if you come in at random. And she and/or her staff might get annoyed if you come in during a rush. It might be better to surprise her by calling her the morning you come to town and asking if when her lunch is so you can drop by (with lunch?). That way she is surprised that you are in town, but not caught in a situation where she can't appreciate your company.

You could find out the name of the store at which she works by asking her. Then either call all the store branches in that area and asking if so and so works there or try the district office to find out which location she works.

Definitely read what bananaface posted. Most of my friends never understand why I cant stand and talk to them for hours while I'm at work. She won't be able to sit down in her "office" and have a chat.

Or you could very easily call Anita at the AZ Board office with her name and license number, and she can look up her current place of practice as listed on her license. It is public knowledge after all.

I do wish we were like Texas where you can look all of that up online.

Yeah, isn't that funny, we can look up Dentists, Optometrists, Chiros, Physicians, and even PAs, but no centralized website to look up Pharmacists? How strange?

At any rate, you all have been extremely kind in your thoughts and methods of looking my friend up for me. I did it the old traditional way, I simply emailed her and asked how she has been? In an around-about-way, I implied where she's working and who she's working for right now.

Banana:

I agree with you, I think I will call her (I do have her cell phone) when I get into her town do a surprise call to see if she wants get together for dinner. But you know what though, she's such a cool girl (attractive too) that if I would've walked into her Pharmacy/Grocery store, she would've flipped out (in a good way) and run out and give me a hug no matter how busy she was. Your idea was cool, I'll just be like, "hey, wanna do dinner tonight?", then she'll be like "what are you talking about, you're in FL, I'm in AZ!", then I'll be like, "nope, I'm in town!" Sounds like a plan!

We'll see what type of info she'll divulge in her email reply to me, I may surprise her afterall!

Again, thanks for all the ideas. Man, we should compile a "Stalker R US.com" of SDN with all the methods we have here! :laugh:

DO NOT CALL HER AT WORK. Or if you must, do it either early in the morning or in the evening. 9am to 6pm is a bad time at any pharmacy that's actually turning a profit.

Oh yeah, and like everyone else said, call the state board...public info...etc. Our license is our leash.