finding a job as vet assistant in Canada

Started by wahied0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wahied0

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone can help me with some information about the vet assistant job in Canada,
is it easy to find one? and do you must have a previous practical experience to get accepted?
knowing that I'm a foreign veterinary graduate and I just passed the BCSE but as far as I know you don't need a license to work as a vet assistant.
any help will be appreciated
thanks
 
I was wondering if anyone can help me with some information about the vet assistant job in Canada,
is it easy to find one? and do you must have a previous practical experience to get accepted?
knowing that I'm a foreign veterinary graduate and I just passed the BCSE but as far as I know you don't need a license to work as a vet assistant.
any help will be appreciated
thanks
I used to live in Vancouver and it wasnt that hard to find a job as an assistant but that was many years ago.also you can work as a technician without needing a license based on BCVMA website. Just go directly to the owner of the clinic and talk to him/ her that you need some hands on experience. Beside you can go to BCSPA Vancouver location they have a clinic there and you can volunteer they welcome everyone and much appreciate those who have the knowledge. Also the vets and the technicians are so nice. You never know you might get a job there
 
I used to live in Vancouver and it wasnt that hard to find a job as an assistant but that was many years ago.also you can work as a technician without needing a license based on BCVMA website. Just go directly to the owner of the clinic and talk to him/ her that you need some hands on experience. Beside you can go to BCSPA Vancouver location they have a clinic there and you can volunteer they welcome everyone and much appreciate those who have the knowledge. Also the vets and the technicians are so nice. You never know you might get a job there
Thanks alot that was really helpful