Finding a job in a particular metro area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ThinkingSkin18

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current PGY-3, probably doing gen derm and interested in one particular fairly large non-coastal metro area. Not opposed to academics but will ideally join a multi-specialty group or existing practice.

Is there anything I should be doing now to help my chances of landing a job there? One issue is that I have not trained in this area and have no professional connections. I do have some family in the area who aren't in medicine.

Might be jumping the gun a bit, just thought I'd ask the question since I have heard the job market may be a little tighter than in the past for new grads due to Covid. FWIW, I've seen 6-7 gen derm openings posted in this area, 4 of which are non-PE and 2 of which I am particularly interested in.
 
Current PGY-3, probably doing gen derm and interested in one particular fairly large non-coastal metro area. Not opposed to academics but will ideally join a multi-specialty group or existing practice.

Is there anything I should be doing now to help my chances of landing a job there? One issue is that I have not trained in this area and have no professional connections. I do have some family in the area who aren't in medicine.

Might be jumping the gun a bit, just thought I'd ask the question since I have heard the job market may be a little tighter than in the past for new grads due to Covid. FWIW, I've seen 6-7 gen derm openings posted in this area, 4 of which are non-PE and 2 of which I am particularly interested in.

what area are you looking at? Have connections across the country- if you PM me, happy to share if it’s the city you are interested in.