Finding a Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeroC0mbine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to find a job as a pharmacy clerk. What is the best method to getting one? Should I apply online or go to the individual stores and ask if they are hiring? Also, I am planning to take the ptcb soon, should I wait and apply as a technician or start off as a clerk? Thanks :).

Members don't see this ad.

Its personal preference and if you have the time. I would say, if you have the time, apply to as many stores as you can and try to become a clerk. Once you pass the ptcb, re-apply. Just a heads up, find out if you need your state license to work as a tech as well, and apply for that as soon as possible. I got passed the ptcb then applied, but i started off as a clerk because I wasn't certified in CA yet.

hope that helps

Thanks jmcfa002, I guess I will start out as a clerk first. I am in the SoCal area, are there any clerks/techs that knows if their pharmacy is hiring or not? Can you please give me a PM or respond here if you know of any local openings. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
cvs is hiring techs in big bear

i would suggest looking at a 24 hours and drive thru stores...don't recommend working there b/c drive-thru sucks--but chances are these stores are super busy, so most like they'll be hiring.

I would just go ask the pharmacy manager.

good luck!

I've been asking around at places near where I live and a lot of them just tell me to file online because they are no openings at their store, which isn't really useful. I really need some connections with clerks/techs around here (OC area) who knows that their pharmacy is hiring. Please let me know if you know of any places. Thanks.