Finding a Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZeroC0mbine

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been wanting to find a job as a pharmacy clerk. What is the best method to getting one? Should I apply online or go to the individual stores and ask if they are hiring? Also, I am planning to take the ptcb soon, should I wait and apply as a technician or start off as a clerk? Thanks 🙂.
 
Its personal preference and if you have the time. I would say, if you have the time, apply to as many stores as you can and try to become a clerk. Once you pass the ptcb, re-apply. Just a heads up, find out if you need your state license to work as a tech as well, and apply for that as soon as possible. I got passed the ptcb then applied, but i started off as a clerk because I wasn't certified in CA yet.

hope that helps
 
Thanks jmcfa002, I guess I will start out as a clerk first. I am in the SoCal area, are there any clerks/techs that knows if their pharmacy is hiring or not? Can you please give me a PM or respond here if you know of any local openings. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i would suggest looking at a 24 hours and drive thru stores...don't recommend working there b/c drive-thru sucks--but chances are these stores are super busy, so most like they'll be hiring.

I would just go ask the pharmacy manager.

good luck!
 
I've been asking around at places near where I live and a lot of them just tell me to file online because they are no openings at their store, which isn't really useful. I really need some connections with clerks/techs around here (OC area) who knows that their pharmacy is hiring. Please let me know if you know of any places. Thanks.