Finding a Physician to Shadow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smallqt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would search for this but since I cant I figured Id ask... Im currently working full time and I would like to shadow a physician. Is it possible to find someone who would let me shadow them during the evening? Also, how can I find someone like this (a program, email, etc?) especially in the central jersey area. I would greatly appreciate any help. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

most doctors don't work in the evening. you'd have to find a day or days that you can be free to shadow them in clinic or surgery. remember the doctor is doing you a favor so you have to conform to their schedule.

smallqt said:
I would search for this but since I cant I figured Id ask... Im currently working full time and I would like to shadow a physician. Is it possible to find someone who would let me shadow them during the evening? Also, how can I find someone like this (a program, email, etc?) especially in the central jersey area. I would greatly appreciate any help. thanks.

Maybe you could contact local ERs and see if physicians would let you shadow when they are on call at night or on weekends?