1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding active, objective USAF MD to talk to

Discussion in 'Military Medicine' started by AFDuck, May 11, 2007.

1. AFDuck

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    What would be the best way to find a few active USAF MDs to speak to about their experiences? I've spoken with a couple admin-types through my recruiter, but they weren't too helpful and didn't always seem 100% open in talking with me. Should I just find some e-mails online and send a message, or is there a better way that someone out there has done this? I'm trying to figure out some good places to do ADTs, and really just see how Docs out their feel about things (I've read and understand how people on this forum feel, fyi). Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Galo

Galo Senior Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Do an internet search for AF bases, and just call the clinics of the specialty you think you may want to do, whomever answers tell them you are a student and would like to talk to an attending about AF medicine. You may have to make a few calls, but you will get to talk to physicians on active duty. I did this a few months ago, and talked to 3 surgeons inside 30 minutes.

Good luck.

I'm sure what you hear will not deviate much from what you read on this forum. It'd be nice if you post back with your results.

4. g293

2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    PM me-I can speak to you and can give you some email addresses or phone numbers of friends in different specialties if you'd like.

5. resxn

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You can PM me as well.

I wouldn't say I'm objective since I've really not enjoyed my experience as an AF ENT, but I'd be more than happy to tell both the pros and cons. I'll also give you my office number if you wanted to talk on the phone.