Finding an Orgo 2 Class between now and around March

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Michael37

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone could help me out with finding an Orgo II course for the Winter term or a short term (preferably lasting between now and ~March). I initially was set on registering for an Orgo II class for the Winter term, but after communicating over several weeks for registration and having been told that seats will be available by my own advisor, all my effort went to waste after being told that I cannot join the Orgo II course due to no seats being available. It took me a while to find such a course and now I am left to find another one again. Some of you might not care to hear but, believe me, a helping hand would mean the world to me in finding this course. I feel completely lost. This semester I took Orgo II, physics 1 & 2, and a few electives. I got this news that I'd have to be looking for another course just before going into my physics final and after a couple of other finals. I have the MCAT coming up in either April or May and taking it without Orgo II is not a great idea. I don't have the time to wait another year to take the MCAT, nor was I expecting that I would be in a situation where that could be an issue. I honestly would greatly appreciate any help with finding an Orgo 2 course between now and around March. After March, my schedule will be quite overloaded so I don't think I can manage to do so after March. Currently, I am looking through several course schedules in colleges across various states. Sometimes there are "programs" like UNE Online, which I personally do not prefer as one med school's acceptance of it may vary whereas courses taken at universities will much more likely be accepted. I do not want to rely on a program's claim that they will be accepted by med school's since that may change whereas a med school accepting a university's course will most likely not change. Also, not all of these programs have a lab section, which I need. If anyone would be willing to help me look through course schedules to find an Orgo II course that lasts between now and the early to mid Spring 2021 semester, that would be greatly appreciated.

I've found that a few states in specific have quarters or a Winter term, namely Oregon, California, and some in Texas (a few universities in other states do the same but these are the main ones). With quarters, the term is shortened, allowing me fit an Orgo II class in this time. Another issue is location--so I would only be able to take the course online unless it is in Texas. I've looked through about half of all Texas universities and haven't found another Orgo II class to take. Even if the class is a few days in, please suggest it to me as I can see if I can work my way around to registering and catching up. Happy semester break btw!

Members don't see this ad.

Dallas Community Colleges has an Orgo 2 class for the winter term. There are 2 seats left.

Thank you! On the side at the moment, I'm looking for a statistics course for a friend over the winter term with specifically 4 (or more) credit hours. Dallas College has a winter term along with other Texas colleges, however they offer Elementary Statistical Methods (MATH 1342) for only 3 credit hours. It seems to be the case that winter term courses offered in Texas for statistics are all offered at 3 hours. Do you happen to know of a course for statistics at 4 hours for the winter term?

Winter term courses usually begin now, around mid December, so I'm trying to look through course schedules in states outside of Texas. Looking through individual course schedules is often a slow way of doing things, especially given that the winter term typically begins at this time of the year. I've tried to just look up "winter term statistics courses" but such a search doesn't get me far with finding a course. Any help with finding a course for the winter term would be greatly appreciated! Once again, thank you so much for helping me out with Orgo 2. It means a lot to help out!

So far, I found STAT 10 being offered by UCLA. However, the course is listed as being from January to March whereas they are looking for a course more so in December/January and up to January/February due to their quite heavy course schedule in the Spring semester. My friend's school follows a semester system, which might conflict with consideration for transfer credit; STAT XL 10 is 5 hours for UCLA's quarter system, however I'm not sure how that will transfer on to a semester system. Their school requires that the credit hours match or exceed to be considered as an equivalent course. Do you happen to know about quarter to semester system transfers of credit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Chem XL 14D is a 4-quarter unit organic reactions (Orgo 2) offered at UCLA Extension.

935 dollars, 10 weeks, 1 class per week for 4 hours.

Thank you! On the side at the moment, I'm looking for a statistics course for a friend over the winter term with specifically 4 (or more) credit hours. Dallas College has a winter term along with other Texas colleges, however they offer Elementary Statistical Methods (MATH 1342) for only 3 credit hours. It seems to be the case that winter term courses offered in Texas for statistics are all offered at 3 hours. Do you happen to know of a course for statistics at 4 hours for the winter term?

Winter term courses usually begin now, around mid December, so I'm trying to look through course schedules in states outside of Texas. Looking through individual course schedules is often a slow way of doing things, especially given that the winter term typically begins at this time of the year. I've tried to just look up "winter term statistics courses" but such a search doesn't get me far with finding a course. Any help with finding a course for the winter term would be greatly appreciated! Once again, thank you so much for helping me out with Orgo 2. It means a lot to help out!

So far, I found STAT 10 being offered by UCLA. However, the course is listed as being from January to March whereas they are looking for a course more so in December/January and up to January/February due to their quite heavy course schedule in the Spring semester. My friend's school follows a semester system, which might conflict with consideration for transfer credit; STAT XL 10 is 5 hours for UCLA's quarter system, however I'm not sure how that will transfer on to a semester system. Their school requires that the credit hours match or exceed to be considered as an equivalent course. Do you happen to know about quarter to semester system transfers of credit?
I found one 4 credit hr stats course at Florida State STA 2171 Statistics for Biology (4) Undergraduate Course List | Department of Statistics

Try checking the 4yr TX schools for regular stats classes instead of elementary. The TX schools are cheap even for out-of-state students. The UC Extensions schools may have 4 credit hr and maybe CUNY/SUNY schools. There's one at UNE online but it's 3 only credits. UC San Diego Extension has a Biostats class but it's also 3 credits Biostatistics

I found one 4 credit hr stats course at Florida State STA 2171 Statistics for Biology (4) Undergraduate Course List | Department of Statistics

Try checking the 4yr TX schools for regular stats classes instead of elementary. The TX schools are cheap even for out-of-state students. The UC Extensions schools may have 4 credit hr and maybe CUNY/SUNY schools. There's one at UNE online but it's 3 only credits. UC San Diego Extension has a Biostats class but it's also 3 credits Biostatistics
Chem XL 14D is a 4-quarter unit organic reactions (Orgo 2) offered at UCLA Extension.

935 dollars, 10 weeks, 1 class per week for 4 hours.
I am sorry for my late reply. Thank you once again to both of you for helping me out!! I enrolled in the Orgo 2 class at Dallas College that @chunkyfilms suggested. At the moment, I've looked for stats classes. I did find an upper-level course that will extend slightly into the Spring semester, but that's fine. I looked into STA 2171 at Florida State but could not find the course schedule for course meeting times and other course section details.

I am sorry for my late reply. Thank you once again to both of you for helping me out!! I enrolled in the Orgo 2 class at Dallas College that @chunkyfilms suggested. At the moment, I've looked for stats classes. I did find an upper-level course that will extend slightly into the Spring semester, but that's fine. I looked into STA 2171 at Florida State but could not find the course schedule for course meeting times and other course section details.
I was looking at the TMDSAS Course Listings page for DCCCD to figure out what other courses I could take for myself and then I remembered this conversation. They have PSYC 2317 Statistical Methods in Psychology (3 credits). There's nothing available for enrollment now and they haven't offered it over the summer in the past so you'd have to wait until Fall 2021. You can contact Florida State about STA 2171 to see if/when they're offering it.