Finding your first non-military role

Started by J.Hunt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

J.Hunt

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those of you that are nearing your final days with the military how do you go about finding your first non-military position? I work with dentist to help them with that transition, and I'm curious about what steps you taken on your own.
 
I already have an idea of where I want to live and the license to practice there. My next step will be finding a job that I would likely stay at for 1-2 years to re-learn how dentistry works with civilians. During that time, I'll looking for an office that I can buy or buy into.

How will I do that? Letters, networking, office visits, ect.