Finish Rx or attempt a 2nd pass at UWorld?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Healer777

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG who will be taking step I on the 14th (less than a week!). I am not feeling too stressed as I have worked hard to prepare for this. I took an NBME self assessment on Monday and got a 238, which I am happy with. I want to go into internal med or psych, nothing super competitive.

But, of course, I want to do the best that I can. I had some health and personal issues in undergrad that made it difficult for me to live up to my potential academically. I took the MCAT once and got a decent score (31 if anyone is interested, lol), but my GPA sucked. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to go to a Caribbean school, but I know that it puts me at a disadvantage compared to US grads. I know that I am smart and I want to see what I am actually capable of.

I have completed UWorld once with an average of 68% (I was scoring in the 80s towards the end). I also purchased the Rx question bank and am working through it. I have about 1200 questions left in Rx. I have been aiming to do 200-300 questions per day (mostly to develop the endurance I will need for the actual step), but even at that pace there is no way that I can get through the rest of Rx and do a complete second pass of UWorld.

What do you all recommend-should I focus on finishing Rx since the questions are new and I will likely learn more, or should I attempt to get through UWorld again since the questions are more similar to what step will be like?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.