Finishing Masters Program, NEED ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need your advice on something. I already got into the dental school of my choice and sent in my deposit and what not. I'm doing a one year masters right now in Biomedical Sciences. I did real well my first semester (4.0) but now that I got in, I was wondering if I should continue to go hard or take it easy a bit. My only concern is that I want to save whatever gas I have in my tank for dental school and not burn myself out. What are your thoughts? Advice would really be appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just Be who you are. If you're the hard working, true to making a difference type person, then I say work your ass off the rest of your Master's. But if you're the 'I'll just do what I need to do to pass'- type, then relax.

I think you should work as hard as you can at all times. I'm finishing my masters right now and going to medical school next fall and you better believe I'm giving it all that I can the whole way!

Good luck in dental school!

Members don't see this ad :)
MS may help get interviews at some of the more research-oriented specialties, but if you choose GP it won't really matter. Just pull a 3.0 this semester, to get a nice 3.5 average - that'll look good enough on your post-grad applications =)

Hey guys, I need your advice on something. I already got into the dental school of my choice and sent in my deposit and what not. I'm doing a one year masters right now in Biomedical Sciences. I did real well my first semester (4.0) but now that I got in, I was wondering if I should continue to go hard or take it easy a bit. My only concern is that I want to save whatever gas I have in my tank for dental school and not burn myself out. What are your thoughts? Advice would really be appreciated, thanks!

what you learn will def help you as a D1 so dont skimp on the learnin. it's like a headstart on your classmates. my suggestion is to avoid C's but don't kill yourself for an A.