Fired from one pharmacy, hired at another?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Azul-Rosa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so here's the story: I have a friend who works as a Pharmacy Tech at CVS. He recently passed his PTCB and wants to be a PharmD one day. While he was on break, he was checking out his emails and he came across something that was definitely NSFW. He wasn't showing it off to anyone, but one of his co-workers accidentally saw it. He was then pulled aside by the lead pharmacist who brought out the code of conduct and reprimanded him. She also had him write a statement about it, and he was sent home early. Is it possible he may be terminated for this? If so, will he able to get another job at another pharmacy, or will he be blacklisted? Answers will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Checking his email? Like on store computer or just his phone?

If it happens again, could be fired. First time is proly ok

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, so here's the story: I have a friend who works as a Pharmacy Tech at CVS. He recently passed his PTCB and wants to be a PharmD one day. While he was on break, he was checking out his emails and he came across something that was definitely NSFW. He wasn't showing it off to anyone, but one of his co-workers accidentally saw it. He was then pulled aside by the lead pharmacist who brought out the code of conduct and reprimanded him. She also had him write a statement about it, and he was sent home early. Is it possible he may be terminated for this? If so, will he able to get another job at another pharmacy, or will he be blacklisted? Answers will be greatly appreciated.
Manger's reaction appears a bit excessive, no? Not even a verbal warning first? Probably more to the story than you painted, which is often the case.

But I can't say I'm surprised if he is one of those techs that complain ALL the time...while taking so much "5-minute" breaks that you feel understaffed, even while adequately staffed on paper.

I'm merely trying to understand why the manager would react so harshly, for a first-time offense, presumably.

Also, the shadow surrounding the "definitely NSFW" smells very.......................mysteriouxxx. That could make all the difference too. Because it won't matter what anyone says, if we don't have an accurate account that could help people render a more effective counsel. Good luck to your friend.

Inspector Gadget out:cigar:

CVS has a unspoken rule that they don't fire people. CVS doesn't want to pay for unemployment. You have to basically kill someone to be fired from CVS. I have been written up several times, nothing happens. CVS is such a ****hole they can afford to fire people for stuff like that. You're friend will be fine. The pharmacist is an dingus.

Reactions: 1 user
CVS has a unspoken rule that they don't fire people. CVS doesn't want to pay for unemployment. You have to basically kill someone to be fired from CVS. I have been written up several times, nothing happens. CVS is such a ****hole they can afford to fire people for stuff like that. You're friend will be fine. The pharmacist is an dingus.

This is pretty true. Getting the business partners permission to fire someone for anything less than theft is basically impossible. If they are part time you can stop scheduling them and if they are full time you can try to run them off but am honest to goodness management approved firing? Forget about it.

Reactions: 1 user
Nah you gud dawg...just stay straight next time