First Aid 2002 Vs. 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mountaindew2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didnt want to steal the thunder off of the topic for the 2003 vs 2004.

thus, i'm jsut wondering how about the 2002 vs 2004? I know most ppl were saying that the 2003 was very similar to the '04 one. is 2002 just too muc hin the past? It stinks cuz i bought this last year right before med school started. oh well....if its worth it i'll buy 2004

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same situation and called my med school bookstore who is very knowledgeable about medschool books not too long ago and asked them if there were any significant differences between the two. They told me that there wasn't and that the only difference was the review ratings for different sources at the end of the book and even that wasn't too different between the two.

I've heard that there were a lot of errors in 2002 that were corrected in the 2003 version (and thus also the 2004 version). I already owned the 2002 version, but it was worth 40 bucks to set my mind at ease that I was not learning any "wrong" material.

hardly any difference. i've been annotating 2003 first aid since beginning of year and will not get the 2004.

later

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the 2002 copy, and shelled out the $32 on amazon for a 2004 copy. There are several errors in the 2002 edition that are now corrected, plus the review changes, plus EKG stuff and others that are updated.

I think that it was worth the $30, and I gave my other copy to our library for some MSI to use.

yah i think you guys are right. I think to just put my mind at rest I'll also be buying the 2004.

I'd suggest shelling out the cash and buying the 2004 edition.

First Aid is the primary study book, and it's worth it to have the most recent, most corrected, and most updated version. I think it'd be better to skimp on the other less necessary books than to pass on First Aid.

Well, I used the 2002 edition last year, but also found many errors and necessary additions. I emailed them to the editors and they eventually were incorporated into the 2004 edition. :)