first aid 2007 vs 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakersbaby

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ive had first aid 2007 since the beginning of 1st year but the 2009 version looks a lot thicker, is it worth getting?

Members don't see this ad.

I've got the 2008 version and I'm having the same debate. I tell myself it can't have updated that much and it's $40 or something...

On the other hand, I'm going to be $250k in debt by the time I'm done and this is a high yield tool, probably not one I want to skimp on.

:scared::bang::boom:

I own FA 2007 and 2009. One of the things I've noticed while annotating in my 2007 FA is that a lot of my additional notes ended up being covered in the 2009 FA. If you're done annotating FA 2007 and focused on memorizing it, I would not get a new FA. Otherwise, absolutely get the new FA. It has many more figures and diagrams :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
grrr, i decided to upgrade to the 09. it's on sale at B&N for 30 bucks, 44 on amazon!

dantt - which sections did they change the most? I've only done biochem in the 2008, do you think it's worth getting the 09 version rather that going on with the 08? What do you think Depakote, you gonna get the 09? It's like 50pages thicker...

Thanks

I noticed that the 2008 edition had a lot of errors. You can just look at the errata list and fix those, however. (I wish I had known that before!) Most of the errors were such that they completely baffled me when I would read them, which I do think affected my studying since they slowed me down.

Maybe they fixed those errors in 2009 edition. So it might be worth getting for that reason.

However, if you've already annotated your 2007/2008 edition, then I say forget it! That was what happened to me, so I just stuck by the 2008 edition. But if you haven't really marked up the book with juicy notes, then I'd say definitely buy the 2009 edition. Honestly, the book is a steal. I'd buy that book even if it were $100 or $200.

dantt - which sections did they change the most? I've only done biochem in the 2008, do you think it's worth getting the 09 version rather that going on with the 08? What do you think Depakote, you gonna get the 09? It's like 50pages thicker...

Thanks

the $30 on Barnes and Noble made it for me... just ordered with free shipping.

the $30 on Barnes and Noble made it for me... just ordered with free shipping.

ditto. B&N has much faster shipping than amazon and its always free. i wasn't planning on upgrading but haven't marked mine up much and the $30 put me over the edge.

The older editions don't make much of a difference, although it's a good idea to use the errata. However, it's also a ~$40 investment for something that you'd probably end up marking up and highlighting. Small price to pay, IMO. The Step 2 materials are the ones that you can afford not to purchase.

For those of you who have both the older and newest version, how are you going in between your notes for both books (if you already marked up some older sections)? Anyone cutting out pages from the old book and binding them, or just going back and forth between both books?