First Aid 2008 vs. 2009 book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sindee1984

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be taking Step 1 in 2010. I already have the 2008 First Aid book. Should I buy the 2009 book because it's the latest version? I went to the bookstore to compare the 2008 and 2009 books, and they are mostly the same except 2009 has histo images rather than drawings for some diseases within the sections. Can't help but feel like I'm missing out on some very important info that's missing in the 2008 book, but at the same time I don't want to spend $ on a book that's practically the same as one I already own.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well the 2010 edition comes out in January. So maybe just use your 2008 til then and get the 2010 one when it comes out. probably better than wasting money on the 2009.

do this. There were enough changes to the 2009 version that I went ahead and got it for my Step I prep, I don't regret it. I would wait for the newest version to come out then buy that.
 
Its not a horribly expensive book. I have 2008 currently but as I get closer to board time (which is a long ways away), I will just buy the newest one.