rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Was wondering if anyone else noticed how annoying the colors are of the basal ganglia direct + indirect pathways in FA 2012. They made the stimulatory arrows red and the inhibitory arrows green. WHY would they do that? It just makes it confusing. I always thought green=on and red=off by convention. Guess not. Okay, done with rant haha.

mleick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2008
Status
Medical Student
You are not alone-- this made the diagram incomprehensible for me. I'm going to print out a new one and paste it on top of the FA one. So much rage.

Jul 24, 2010
Status
MD/PhD Student
this drove me crazy too. they are so stupid. they really f'd up this year's edition bad.

like the other person, I found a diagram from an old lecture and pasted over it.

May 13, 2012
Status
Medical Student
pasting a better diagram is a very good idea...thanks! I too found the FA diagram very confusing w/ the irrational color use.

jumpmanv15

5+ Year Member
Apr 13, 2012
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
anyone have a good link for a better picture?

thanks in advance!

futuredoctor10

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
anyone have a good link for a better picture?

thanks in advance!
Would love this as well... that diagram is pretty bad, not sure why they couldn't use a better one (or) just leave the one from the older FA that was better. Haha.

mdeast

7+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ANY diagram is better than the one in First Aid 2012. Have no idea why they changed it (other than someone saying they wanted something more colorful for the new color edition).