first aid 2014 vs my first aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iki4life

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so I have first aid 2011. I bought it a while ago, obviously, because I thought I was going to be a hero in an IMG med school and be able to do the steps along with my normal curriculum. That said, here's my dilemma--

I have 2011 and I want to know if it REALLY IS THAT BIG A DIFFERENCE to buy the 2014 version. (40 something bucks aint the problem for me) but my problem is that all the Uworld notes and misc. notes I've added on are kinda stuck in my head in accordance to my book. (Some things I can visually remember by where in the book I've written it, if you know what I mean) So is it really THAT important to get the latest version? I feel like its not worth it, but if it is, then I don't want to miss out.

thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

As a crude comparison, FA2011 has 623 pages. FA2014 has 749 pages. FA2015 will have 784 pages. And speaking from personal experience, there are pages even between FA2013 and FA2014 that have significant differences and new information. So purely to answer your question of "if it REALLY IS THAT BIG A DIFFERENCE?" The objective answer is do you consider 20% more pages THAT big of a difference?

Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who thought I could do the same and bought FA 2012, I feel your pain. But yeah, like SBR249 said, huge difference in the texts. I'd suggest you buy the new one.

Hi everyone ,
I am in a pickle here. I took CS n CK n have not taken step 1 yet! Can anyone who took the exam on saturday tell me whether they got their result by third wednesday?
I tried scheduling my exam sooner but there is no date avalaible until 10/18 ( sat), i really need the score latest by 11/5( wed).... I know they say if u take the exam between wed to fri it comes on the third wednesday n if u take on monday/tuesdayt comes on the fourth wednesday... There is no accurate data/ post about exam takers on saturdays...
Please someone who has taken either step 1 or CK on a Saturday please give me accurate info.. Im going crazy here.. Thanks a lot

Hi everyone ,
I am in a pickle here. I took CS n CK n have not taken step 1 yet! Can anyone who took the exam on saturday tell me whether they got their result by third wednesday?
I tried scheduling my exam sooner but there is no date avalaible until 10/18 ( sat), i really need the score latest by 11/5( wed).... I know they say if u take the exam between wed to fri it comes on the third wednesday n if u take on monday/tuesdayt comes on the fourth wednesday... There is no accurate data/ post about exam takers on saturdays...
Please someone who has taken either step 1 or CK on a Saturday please give me accurate info.. Im going crazy here.. Thanks a lot

How many threads have you derailed now? This is not meant to be rude, but to help you out in the future. In terms of Internet etiquette, barging into someone else's thread and completely derailing it is extremely, extremely rude. I realize you might not know how to use these forums - you should create a brand new thread when you have your own question.

If you absolutely need it by the 5th, I'd consider trying to find another testing center if I were you. Not sure where you live but unless you're rural, there should be other testing centers within driving distance.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks a lot, i am sorry i was new yesterday n kinda got in everyones way.. I am not trying to save money or anyth! I am on the west coast and have busted my ass trying to find an open spot at a center for oct 17 th, but for some reason, there is absolutely no space, i even checked all centers in Idaho! Thanks n sorry for the trouble

I had a bunch of notes in FA 2013. I transferred all the important ones to FA 2014 as I did my dedicated studying. There is quite a bit of new information (and better presented) in the newer version.