first aid for step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaggy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First Aid was amazing for step 1, but I haven't heard danything mentioned for step 2. Does any one have any experience with first aid for step 2. All I hear about is Crush, and B&W (I guess I'll use those). ;)

Anybody have anything to add?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question to go along with that... how does first aid 2 compare to Crush or B&W or Secrets? For step 1, I used first aid and then other books to supplement. I guess where my question lies is if there one book that is a must and others that supplement. If so, what do people suggest?

Thanks- for step 1 I had too many books and I am trying to cut down for step 2.

I'll piggyback w/ a few questions of my own. To those of you who've already taken Step 2, what is your advice regarding preparation, in general?

When did you start preparing for Step 2? What types of review materials were the most helpful?

Here's my approach. Since I took COMLEX Step 1 in June, and just took USMLE Step 1, I've kinda been in the board review mode for quite some time so I figured I'd just keep going. Instead of cramming at all, I am going to just dedicate at least one day per week to board review for Step 2.

So far, I've been using FA and the Blueprints series. Any suggestions would be appreciated.