First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Med01

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at this book. Is it worth buying, and do you find it useful (similar to real Board questions)?

First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1 (First Aid) (Paperback)
by Tao Le (Author)

Members don't see this ad.

I have been using the First Aid Q&A to review for my in-class exams. I have found it to be similar to Kaplan Qbook and Lange's Qbook. I don't think we can do enough questions so I am all for using as many as possible.

I didn't use FA Q/A but I would like to again point out that the editors of FA know what is on the freaking test.

That being the case I can't imagine that anything by them is a bad investment.

Just don't buy too many books, save that money to buy coffee when you're an M3 (it'll be here soon)!

I have been using the First Aid Q&A to review for my in-class exams. I have found it to be similar to Kaplan Qbook and Lange's Qbook. I don't think we can do enough questions so I am all for using as many as possible.
how are the q/a arranged in it.........is it like kaplan qbook with practice tests arranged subjectwise an then answers given at the last..........or is it just a review book with answers given after every question?:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Its a very good investment

They actually integrate the questions like on the USMLE, and give you reference on the FA.

They ask you and the answer is next to the question, so you just need something to cover the answer;).

They go like the FA, first by subject and then by systems.

its very good IMHO.

how are the q/a arranged in it.........is it like kaplan qbook with practice tests arranged subjectwise an then answers given at the last..........or is it just a review book with answers given after every question?:cool:

They have some in subjects and 7 comprehensive tests at the end.

yeah i believe it says 1000 questions from usmlerx on their cover or something so i think it is taken from there

Answer from the horses mouth at USMLERx:

Hi,

The Step 1 Q & A has 1,000 questions taken from Rx. We handpicked certain questions to create the book. The idea behind this was to create a study guide to go along with the website.

Thanks for asking about USMLERx and about First Aid.

Happy studies

Answer from the horses mouth at USMLERx:

Hi,

The Step 1 Q & A has 1,000 questions taken from Rx. We handpicked certain questions to create the book. The idea behind this was to create a study guide to go along with the website.

Thanks for asking about USMLERx and about First Aid.

Happy studies

how would having identical questions to the site make it a study guide for the site?