First Interview, suggestions please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bmblee888

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This Friday I'm having my first interview at Western. The thought just occurred to me that I am very ill-prepared! Is there any last minute reading preparations I should do? What kind of questions should I be expecting? Do they ask you about your knowledge of osteopathic medicine? If anyone has any suggestions, please share. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Take a look at the last few pages on the TUCOM Interview thread. We put up some info on interview tips. #1 stay calm and KNOW want is in your file. A piece of advise from the director of admissions at TUCOM. EVERYBODY has something on their application that they wish wasn't there. Since you know that now, go for it and don't worry about answering the tough questions. Just answer them honestly!

Brenda
TUCOM, Class of 2007

western is a neat place-- first, soak up the experience, second, go over your file/application. This has a dual purpose- 1- it refreshes you as to the direction the interview will most-likely go. 2- it is a great confidence booster when you see all that you have accomplished to get to this point. Look at interviewfeedback.com as well- that was a great resource for me. Best of luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Familiarize yourself with the school.

Familiarize yourself with you application file...I'm not sure if Western is open or closed file interviews.

Familiarize yourself with osteopathy...should already have done so, but if not do your research.

http://www.aoa-net.org
http://www.academyofosteopathy.org/

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! One more day to go... I'm trying to stay calm and keep the stress level down. :) I'm going to spend today going over my application and finding out about the school. Then after that I just have to hope that my brain is functioning well tomorrow ;)

bmblee,
sorry i didn't notice this earlier...but, good luck tomorrow...just stay relaxed...enjoy the day...have fun...talk to people....it's an open file interview so..know your apps..and just answer what you feel...and just convey your compasion for medicine.

always,
comp 2006

So I went to my interview, and came upon a very different situation than I expected. The interview at COMP is supposed to be a panel interview with four interviewers and it's supposed to be open file. But when I got there that morning, only one of the interviewers showed up! Plus, it was closed file! This professor didn't know anything about us, and basically we had to tell him our "life stories". I have no idea how well I did because it was nearly impossible to gauge whether or not he liked what I was saying. He was very quiet and just nodded his head and wrote down notes. Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to see in two weeks whether or not I get in...