first of it's kind....CRNA Pain fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
But the
Program Requirements
Graduates will be required to complete four semesters of graduate study that includes 19 academic credits and four supervised clinical practicum (one per semester) for a total of 240 mandatory clinic hours. The didactic component of the program will be completed online, while the clinical component will be performed in-person at an approved clinical site. Please see the additional State Eligibility information for online programs in the >Academic Standards and Policies section of this Bulletin.

That is from the Hamline program. I love how they tout these fellowships as a 12 month fellowship to make them seem equivalent to ours, but then they only have 19 academic credits for the year which is far less than I ever had in any single semester of med school and only 240 clinical hours. I am pretty sure I put in more hours than that in during my first month of fellowship all while studying for boards. Even after evaluating hundreds of pain and MSK patients as a resident and 2 months so far of fellowship, I know I still have a lot to learn before I am ready to head out on my own. These folks are likely no where close to competent when done.
But they are more caring than physicians, and that's all that matters....

Members don't see this ad.

So not sure how many people here know this but the doctor who started PainCare in New Hampshire recently lost his license, for among other things having physical relations with patients. He continues to collect money from the practices and the state is attempting to create a law that says if you lose your license you cannot own/operate a healthcare facility. Also of note the areas where these clinics have operated in NH have been particularly hit by the pill/heroin epidemic. Not surprising. I think the docs involved in this practice should be ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: 5 users