First Official Acceptance!! I'm In!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B0NKERS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Just got the letter today dated December 1st.

TEMPLE UNIVERSITY CLASS OF 2010 BABY!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratz!! :thumbup: Is that your top choice?

B0NKERS said:
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Congratulation~~~ :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
damn, can I borrow your time machine for a couple of minutes?

Congrats!!!! So, where do you live? Was it a big letter or a small one?
Tell us more details please..... :) :)

congratulations!!!! :)

Congrats!!! :D

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

This is my first one so I've very very excited!! Hopefully more will come in after tomorrow.. :D

It was a big envelope, 8 1/2 x 11 letter unfolded.. it was dated December 1st and the envelope was postmarked November 28th.

I live only about <4 hours away from Philly so thats probably why it got here so fast..

B0NKERS said:
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

This is my first one so I've very very excited!! Hopefully more will come in after tomorrow.. :D

It was a big envelope, 8 1/2 x 11 letter unfolded.. it was dated December 1st and the envelope was postmarked November 28th.

I live only about <4 hours away from Philly so thats probably why it got here so fast..

Congrats Bonkers!! Just wondering, what was your stats and when was your interview?

WoW!!! Congrats!!! :D :love:

Way to go man! That's awesome. I really hope I get a letter from them in the next few days.

I just read this post. I cant wait till work is over and I can go home and check the mail box. My heart is pounding!!

Members don't see this ad :)
premedman said:
I just read this post. I cant wait till work is over and I can go home and check the mail box. My heart is pounding!!

I was (or am) at work when I read the Temple news. congrads man! and best of luck to you premedman. I have my fingers crossed for you.

my heart started pounding as soon as i read the part about him living less than 4 hours from temple.

i live like 2 hours away from my school of choice.. should i get it today??
hah, i dunno, but im scared. :scared:

Good luck to everyone!!! I will be praying for ya

B0NKERS said:
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Congratz MAN!!! I am very happy for you. I just wish I can get a letter like that from Univ. of Maryland, my top choice.

Congratz again,
Rich

Congrats man.
I am getting really excited since I live like 10 hours away from Temple. This is one School that I am expecting to hear from on Dec 1. I hope there is some good news in my mailbox. Too Bad I won't be able to check my Mail Box untill 10 pm tonight but I am anxious. One Acceptance is all I want and hoping is the TEMPLE.

B0NKERS said:
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!

It feels good doesn't it? :D

I hope I get one soon ;)

B0NKERS said:
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Freakin awesome. CONGRATS! :D Everyone's gettin all excited now, hahaha...

CONGRATS! You should have seen me clapping and laughing like it was my own acceptance. I wonder what I would do when i get one.

This is soooo exciting! Congratulations!!! =)

Many congratulations!!! You've set the excitement ball rolling... :D

I didn't know they sent out that stuff before Dec 1st. That's awesome! Congrats!

B0NKERS said:
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hey looks like well be classmates, that is if I cannot get into a nicer school!!!

I think my dad pulled some strings for me. Hopefully he pulled some at a school further south!

mountainman6789 said:
Hey looks like well be classmates, that is if I cannot get into a nicer school!!!

I think my dad pulled some strings for me. Hopefully he pulled some at a school further south!

pulled strings? there's another word that's more accurate to use in this situation: CHEATING

polarnut said:
pulled strings? there's another word that's more accurate to use in this situation: CHEATING

ha ha. No he didn't cheat for me. Just made some phone calls. It helps to have an oral surgeon for a father.

I just hope that he 'cheated' at a better school! I will literally have to carry a handgun at Temple. If you have been there for an interview or visit and walked around after 5:00 you will agree!

mountainman6789 said:
ha ha. No he didn't cheat for me. Just made some phone calls. It helps to have an oral surgeon for a father.

I just hope that he 'cheated' at a better school! I will literally have to carry a handgun at Temple. If you have been there for an interview or visit and walked around after 5:00 you will agree!

i've been there and all these comments about how scary the place is is completely exagerated. these comments can only come from rich people who lived their whole lives in a suburb nestled somewhere deep in the mountains or farmers in the middle of nowhere surrounded by cornstalks and few cows here and there yodling away.

it's not that dangerous. it's dangerous if you dont mind your own business. just don't try to "keep it real." they know our type.

polarnut said:
i've been there and all these comments about how scary the place is is completely exagerated. these comments can only come from rich people who lived their whole lives in a suburb nestled somewhere deep in the mountains or farmers in the middle of nowhere surrounded by cornstalks and few cows here and there yodling away.

it's not that dangerous. it's dangerous if you dont mind your own business. just don't try to "keep it real." they know our type.

Well we are somewhat loaded. However, I know a ghetto when I see one. I dont care my dad will buy my fiance and me a house somewhere away from the college because I refuse to stay in a dorm or townhome on campus. If he doesnt then I am not goin there.

It is bad too unless your from the ghetto and in that case you don't belong in dental school.

mountainman6789 said:
Well we are somewhat loaded. However, I know a ghetto when I see one. I dont care my dad will buy my fiance and me a house somewhere away from the college because I refuse to stay in a dorm or townhome on campus. If he doesnt then I am not goin there.
You can't be serious.... You must be a spoiled brat.

mountainman6789 said:

It is bad too unless your from the ghetto and in that case you don't belong in dental school.

is this guy serious? are you serious?

the guy gets into a school and his true color comes out. man, if only adcom saw this comment.

as prudent as the admission selection is, this is a prime example of how few ignorant ***** slip into the system and give the rest of us bad names for years to come.

see u have ppl like these who get into dental school and go on to become dentists and they don't give a living s@## about their patients, or the well being of the underserved. What a D@#K. I swear if i knew this guys name, i would make it a personal goal to make sure that he doesn't get in. A$$#!@

whats ironic is that he got into Temple, which happens to be the best clinical school out there serving the lowly "ghetto" people as he so condescendingly put.

i wish i get in temple. i'd love to find out who this guy is.

I wish I had a Dad who could "pull some strings". No seriuosly....I do. Way to go Mountainman. You just gave validity to everything I've ever thought about private schools! Temple, huh? Hope you're ready to get your rims jacked in the parking lot! Oh it's OK. Your dad will just buy you new ones!! :scared:

mountainman6789 said:

disappear Mountainman, disappear. Your comments are ignorant and trollish. I live in Palo Alto (aka $ilicon Valley) so I guess I'm also "loaded" as you say, and I don't have a problem with North Philly. Be smart.... don't be stupid and carry your Rolex, driving your BMW Z4 on Broad Street. It is just like any other large metropolitan city. I rather help out these people than help out the community of Upper East Side Manhatten or Beverly Hills.

Congrats to Bonkers! Keep the words of encouragement coming...

mountainman6789 said:

You're kidding right?! I bet your interviewer would just love to read this.
Moral of the story (TO ADCOMS): 1/2 day is not enough to 'know' all you need to about your prospective students. Anybody who wants to get into a school will behave well on interview day.

I wish you luck in your endeavors. Remember, what goes around comes around. You might wanna watch your back! :)

Ronald Jeremy said:
I wish I had a Dad who could "pull some strings". No seriuosly....I do. Way to go Mountainman. You just gave validity to everything I've ever thought about private schools! Temple, huh? Hope you're ready to get your rims jacked in the parking lot! Oh it's OK. Your dad will just buy you new ones!! :scared:
Wonder what mountainman drives... Probably a GMC Jimmy because he really sounds like a dick.

Mountainman's fiance must be really strapped for cash if she's willing to put up with his personality.
He'll make a nice fluffy pillow between the basement of the class and everyone else at Temple. Congrats to everybody else accepted there!!! You all are now guaranteed to not be the dumbest in the class of 2010!!

mountainman, you are depressing me. Not because you got an acceptance and I haven't, but because you sound like a horrible person. Dentist are turning into used car salesman, ethics are going out the door, "Buy one tooth whitening kit and get an I-pod". It's a joke. I have to conclude this is a result of a$$holes like you. Good for you and possible ahole father (you are a product of him), but the fact you don't deserve it even remotely is sad. As for the admissions committee at Temple I don't think they would know what a good candidate is if it hit them upside the head. Because I think if I met moutainmen I could tell in two minutes the kind of person he is. If you are just making a joke then good, otherwise you suck.

mountainman6789 said:

oh my gosh :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: who ARE YOU?!

Ronald Jeremy said:
Mountainman's fiance must be really strapped for cash if she's willing to put up with his personality.
He'll make a nice fluffy pillow between the basement of the class and everyone else at Temple. Congrats to everybody else accepted there!!! You all are now guaranteed to not be the dumbest in the class of 2010!!

:laugh:

I know mountainman's type. always sits in the corner, works by himself, doesnt get along with anyone or wants to, stresses out over his work, his collegues who he thinks doesnt deserve to be there, goes home to his wife and kids but not much love there either, back and forth and so on and so forth.

and then he fails out. or graduate with the highest honors but remembered by all as an outcast who comes back to academics as adcom member after realizing he cant deal with lowly underserved patients and cant run an efficient practice as a way to "avenge" his traumatic experience. then he gives every applicant a hard time.

its all a cycle, and that's the way it is.

Mountainman sounds like pre-November dat_student/dat_studentII.

(dat_student: no offense...you've changed in a good way lately and have been postively contributing to these forums. I love you man!)

this has got to be the biggest beat down on these forums since the days of obnoxious signature-dat_student.

Status
Not open for further replies.