First PA I've seen in Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArkansasRanger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I finally saw one....or saw his picture and read about him. Medical Park Hospital in Hope, AR, a small rural, farm area with a city/county seat population of about 10,000 has a PA-C staffing their hospital.

I about fell out when I saw it because like I say it was the first I've come across here.

Members don't see this ad.

Yesterday, I finally saw one....or saw his picture and read about him. Medical Park Hospital in Hope, AR, a small rural, farm area with a city/county seat population of about 10,000 has a PA-C staffing their hospital.

I about fell out when I saw it because like I say it was the first I've come across here.

Now that Harding University has a PA program I suspect we'll be seeing lots more of them.

a good friend of mine just took a job as faculty at harding. he will also be working clinically 1 day/week.

Members don't see this ad :)
a good friend of mine just took a job as faculty at harding. he will also be working clinically 1 day/week.

now if I ever apply there the world renown EMEDPA can tell his friend that old AR is a pretty good fella and suitable for admission
:p

jk

This does remind me that I need to get back into the groove of visiting the PA forum. I got an interesting email from them the other day.

now if I ever apply there the world renown EMEDPA can tell his friend that old AR is a pretty good fella and suitable for admission
:p

jk

This does remind me that I need to get back into the groove of visiting the PA forum. I got an interesting email from them the other day.

If you apply there let me know and I will put in a good word for you...

How competitive it is to get into pharm D program at Harding university, Arkansas? From the university's website I learned that they accept 60 students each year. Anyone knows about details regarding number of applicants, number invited for interview, etc?

How competitive it is to get into pharm D program at Harding university, Arkansas? From the university's website I learned that they accept 60 students each year. Anyone knows about details regarding number of applicants, number invited for interview, etc?

Try the prepharm forum. There are a couple of people on there who have interviewed. I know of at least one that got an acceptance recently. Since it's new there may not be a lot of competition right now. I couldn't say. That's where the P.A. school is at so if I elect to go that route that's where I'd be applying. It's a private school so tuition is higher, but it's probably about even with what it would be if I went to an out of state public school.

Phil Tobin is one of the faculty there. He was a PA at the family practice clinic at Dyess AFB, TX, when I was NCOIC around 1995....

I know Nova has a new AA student rotation in Little Rock. Looks like things are looking bright for the PA/AA profession in Arkansas. :D

I know Nova has a new AA student rotation in Little Rock. Looks like things are looking bright for the PA/AA profession in Arkansas. :D

Oh, I didn't think AR was one of the AA licensing states. Only about half of them or so allow for it, right?

I've seen a few PA students, because I was doing clinicals the past few weeks at WCMC in Searcy, and there was one rotating through the ER one of the days I was there.