First Rejection Letter from NOVA!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnDentalDuty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sigh* :scared:

It's like that they do not like me. :(

Members don't see this ad.

yeah wtf, my application was denied too. they are on crack.

what in your applications do you think caused the rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my AADSAS and status for NOVA is application denied :(. I'm guessing thats the same as rejected? Do they send out an official letter? Can I also call them up and ask why?

Yeah that sucks, why do you think it happened? The top two dont have predents so I cant see the stats but Topdent1 whats reported on predents looks ok

Ha, too funny guys! I just got rejected as well, although in my case, it's understandable why they wouldn't like my stats.

Oh well, I know it's just the first of many to come!:scared:

you guys arent alone, i got my aadsas status update rejection today as well. I think nova is one of those schools that likes high gpas. my gpa is low with an upward trend but not upward enough for nova i guess. whatever, they got one of the highest tuitions anyway.

Come on ... your stats aren't bad..

Ha, too funny guys! I just got rejected as well, although in my case, it's understandable why they wouldn't like my stats.

Oh well, I know it's just the first of many to come!:scared:

WOW funktion! I cannot believe schools aren't falling over themselves to get you with that TS and AA! I'm starting to see the writing on the wall... :scared:

Last edited:
Good to know I'm not alone. Anyone called to see why they got cut? I'm going to call tomorrow morning and see whats up. This just ruined my day...weekend

WOW funktion! I cannot believe schools aren't falling over themselves to get you with that TS and AA! I'm starting to see the writing on the wall... :scared:

Not to be mean but seriously a 2.7 isn't so great, and just cause you do well on one 3 hour test doesn't erase 4 years of not so great undergrad. Funktion if you really want to get into Nova then you would probably have to do a masters program, to show that you can hack a full course load.

This just ruined my day...weekend

OK this is going to sound harsh, but quit your crying! I got rejected at many schools last year without them even taking the time to interview me, and that doesn't mean that I wasn't perfectly qualified, it means that I didn't fit their specific requirements for their school. Oh well move on and good luck with other schools

Not to be mean but seriously a 2.7 isn't so great, and just cause you do well on one 3 hour test doesn't erase 4 years of not so great undergrad. Funktion if you really want to get into Nova then you would probably have to do a masters program, to show that you can hack a full course load.

yea i agree with btizzels. Just b/c you have great scores on the DAT doesn't mean you should get interviews at every d-school or at Nova. You have to be an all around good applicant. 4 yrs of undergrad > DAT (4hr test). With a 2.7gpa , and those really good DAT scores, you could get in somewhere...but thats not up to me. I would suggest doing a Masters Degree and then I'm sure you would have more interviews but don't put down a school b/c they turned you down.:thumbup: Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i agree with btizzels. Just b/c you have great scores on the DAT doesn't mean you should get interviews at every d-school or at Nova. You have to be an all around good applicant. 4 yrs of undergrad > DAT (4hr test). With a 2.7gpa , and those really good DAT scores, you could get in somewhere...but thats not up to me. I would suggest doing a Masters Degree and then I'm sure you would have more interviews but don't put down a school b/c they turned you down.:thumbup: Good Luck!

I didnt put down the school, i merely stated a fact which is they have one of the highest tuitions in the country and because of that i am not completely upset at getting rejected. my gpa is so low because i partied like crazy my first two years of college. I ended up transferring to another school and graduated cum laude. I may end up having to do a masters like you said but i'm hoping that some adcom can see past my aadsas gpas.

Funny I interviewed at UF today and also got rejected from Nova. Guess each school is looking for something different. Ses La Vie

I didn't know you guys are right below me. I should have wrote a reply here before starting a new thread.

Anyways, did Nova update your webstar app status before today's rejection? They didn't update anything on mine and didn't even wait for my new dat score!! And my gpa's are well over 3.5....darn...

yeah I just saw this thread too - weird part is - I JUST wrote my DAT on the 25th so I'm guessing they don't even care about my DAT? what the dealio!!!

After speaking with Dr. Lippman from Nova, it seems as though if you enter into a Masters program and do well, they will pretty much completely ignore your undergrad GPA. Just something to think about.

Good luck getting a hold of them if you call. They NEVER andswer the phone.

I'm still waiting to be sent the secondary link. My application was sent in June. I know people that sent in their application after me and have already received an interview invite at NOVA.

Funny I interviewed at UF today and also got rejected from Nova. Guess each school is looking for something different. Ses La Vie

What are your stats like? I'm a Florida resident and I'm hoping to get into either UF or NOVA to stay in-state (particularly UF cause it's closer to home and cheaper). I'm applying next cycle and it's still a bit unclear to me on what these schools stress when looking at your app. Thanks!

I'm still waiting to be sent the secondary link. My application was sent in June. I know people that sent in their application after me and have already received an interview invite at NOVA.

it's good to kno i'm not the only one who hasn't received the link. -_-;;; i was so worried. >.<

Since I found that Nova already rejected me from AADSAS, I expected to get a rejection letter from them soon. Today, I got the letter and was a little perplexed. They wrote the date as September 1, 2008 on the letter but it was mailed out last week. This is ridiculous thing from NOVA. :thumbdown:

Ha, so I read all these rejections from Nova and im thinking "how have i not heard anything back from them yet??" So I search my e-mail and bam there it was I notice to fill out a supp... so I just filled it out, man I could have had that in a month ago. Thats just sad :(

Ha, so I read all these rejections from Nova and im thinking "how have i not heard anything back from them yet??" So I search my e-mail and bam there it was I notice to fill out a supp... so I just filled it out, man I could have had that in a month ago. Thats just sad :(

Lol, similar thing happened to me. I put off doing the secondary because I thought it was really looking and I wanted to focus on studying for the DAT, so I felt pretty stupid when the entire thing only took about an hour or so because I could have had it in sooo much earlier.

The average of applicants so far is around a 21-22 DAT. It's quite competitive this year.

The average of applicants so far is around a 21-22 DAT. It's quite competitive this year.

lol...the average is NOT a 21-22. You've spent too much time on this website that you're entire perception of the application statistics are skewed. The average is still 18-19. 21-22 means you got better than ~85%+ of everyone who took the exam. That's hardly "average" is it. An 18 is around the 50% mark. The difference between an 18 and a 22 in the individual science questions could mean 7 or so problems wrong. The difference between a 22 and a 30 can be as little as 2-3 problems.

I assumed blasterx was referring to people who got an invite from nova. Not the overall average of people who took the DAT nationwide.

lol...the average is NOT a 21-22. You've spent too much time on this website that you're entire perception of the application statistics are skewed. The average is still 18-19. 21-22 means you got better than ~85%+ of everyone who took the exam. That's hardly "average" is it. An 18 is around the 50% mark. The difference between an 18 and a 22 in the individual science questions could mean 7 or so problems wrong. The difference between a 22 and a 30 can be as little as 2-3 problems.

I'm a 1st year here at Nova and that came directly from Dr. Lippmann's mouth. He said that's the average of applicants (at Nova) so far. I don't know why he would lie to me. :shrug:

wow we have very similar stats. I thought it would be easier to get interview at nova than UF with stats like these. Anyways I guess I should be expecting a rejection letter from them pretty soon too Good luck!

wow we have very similar stats. I thought it would be easier to get interview at nova than UF with stats like these. Anyways I guess I should be expecting a rejection letter from them pretty soon too Good luck!

From what I have been told, by Dr. Lippman, Nova only interviews about 300 people for its 105 spots, and some of those spots will be taken up by the 1 year masters program at Nova where if you do well you are guaranteed a spot in the next years class. So if you get an interview at Nova, you will probably get an acceptance at some point in the cycle. Sorry alot of you are getting rejected before interviews, but that is kinda how Nova does it. They aren't going to waste your time and have you interview if they have no real interest in Accepting you.

it's good to kno i'm not the only one who hasn't received the link. -_-;;; i was so worried. >.<

I haven't heard anything from them... hmm, still waiting to send my secondary fee but I guess it would be too late.. :shrug:

I haven't heard anything from them... hmm, still waiting to send my secondary fee but I guess it would be too late.. :shrug:

I sent in my secondary in October last year, so you still have plenty of time. Nova is one of the first schools to interview, and they go until Late Feb/Early March. And just to give you an idea, about how late invites for admission can come, about 2 weeks ago USC called me and asked me if I wanted to come there. I was already in dental school, but just goes to show it isn't really over until a few days into school.

some of those spots will be taken up by the 1 year masters program at Nova where if you do well you are guaranteed a spot in the next years class.

Which masters program is that?

Hahah, sorry, I meant which masters program at Nova?

I think it is called Mbs, Masters in Biological Science, I don't think that you directly apply for it, I think they offer it to you if you apply to the dental school and don't get in. But I may be wrong, you would have to ask.

what were your DAT scores???

I'm in a similar boat I had a 2.7 undergrad in biochem =/ But I currently have a 3.85 in a masters program for pharmacology and a 25 AA on my DAT.

I really hope I don't get the boot because of my undergrad I hope they at least open my application =/

Their program is the Masters of biomedical sciences. They only take about 4 people who are on the dental track each year and basically only take you if they would accept you the next year. Its a tough program to get into but the glory is that you will be accepted the following year to Nova if you pass. Also any A's you get in the program carry over as credit in their dental school.

well I guess im will be looking for my rejection from Nova too :(

3.4 undergrad gpa
3.13 science undergrad gpa
3.5 graduate gpa (Master in Business)
18 AA dat
19 TS dat

AADSAS said my app would be mailed out on Sept 8. even though I submitted it weeks ago

Their program is the Masters of biomedical sciences. They only take about 4 people who are on the dental track each year and basically only take you if they would accept you the next year. Its a tough program to get into but the glory is that you will be accepted the following year to Nova if you pass. Also any A's you get in the program carry over as credit in their dental school.

Yeah sounds right but there are way more then 4, we have like 10 in our class right now!

i think nova likes to see turnarounds. my undergrad wasn't stellar, but i'm destroying my master's and did pretty well on the DAT. remember there's other stuff too.....shadow, research, volunteer, etc.

Btizzles is that for the masters program or for those looking to go into dentistry. Dr. Lippman told me why I was visiting and applying for that program that there were going to be about 20 masters students total. 4 from dental and 16 from med.

Btizzles is that for the masters program or for those looking to go into dentistry. Dr. Lippman told me why I was visiting and applying for that program that there were going to be about 20 masters students total. 4 from dental and 16 from med.

I am in the D1 class right now at Nova, and we seriously have 8-10 MBS students in our class. They take fewer classes then us and don't have to do the dental related stuff... ie Dental Anatomy, and if they pass all their courses they are IN for the following year in the D1 class. I don't even think they have to apply again. Now how to get into this masters program, I have no Idea, As far as what Dr. Lippman plans to do next year (entering 2009) is completely up to him. All i know is that for this year we have more then 4 masters students. I have no idea about the Med masters program, and actually haven't heard of it.

They are the same thing and its a special masters program that encompasses future dental and future medical students. So it sounds about right that there are that many in your class.

I just got off the phone with Nova. The advisor said I was rejected because they were looking for a 3.7 science GPA and a 21 total science score.

Someone was in their office at 6:49 A.M. Eastern time?

I just got off the phone with Nova. The advisor said I was rejected because they were looking for a 3.7 science GPA and a 21 total science score.

Thats flat out scary.