First semester just about over

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brand

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just want to know what everyone else thinks about their first semester. Mine was a ton easier than I expected. The first week of exams was shocking to say the least, but it has continually gotten easier with time. Even finals, which were 15 tests in 2 weeks doesn't compare to that first week of midterms.

I find that our class here at Michigan really gets along well. People create their own study guides for exams/quizzes and share them with the rest of the class. Even students from previous years have emailed study guides that they created previously. Hasn't been very competative, the majority of the class is doing about the same. The ones who aren't are just not trying. They might not be in the A/B range with the rest of the class, but they are quite content with B/C's. More power to 'em. I don't plan on specializing, but my personality pushes me to do as well as I can.

Overall, I did very well. Only two all-nighters and PLENTY of free time. Don't get me wrong, some weeks absolutely bite, but it is much better than I imagined.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd have to Agree, it was a lot easier than I thought, well at least to get B's and C's, the A's part is about the same. But all in all we def have more free time than I was expecting. It does take some getting used to, but i is getting better. But i guess all of dental school takes some getting used to since we switch classes all the time. I'd say its the same as undergrad, but now (at least for me) grades amtter much more, and there is just more material.

Exactly. Like I said in another thread, there is more free time for me in dental school then I ever had in undergrad (but not working plays a minor factor in that).