First semester starts next week. Any advice/tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDPT16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The big day begins next week. Is there any advice/tips anyone can offer? A few Medical/Pharmacy friends have given a few study tips here and there, but I figured their schooling was a tad bit different than mine.

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished up my first semester. I would just brush up on your anatomy and be pretty familiar with general locations of each muscle group, other than that ENJOY what is left of your free time. You will get so much information thrown at you over the next semester that studying now is barely helpful, just relax and plan to spend every moment of free time in the lab or studying if you are trying to get an A in anatomy. It is SO easy to fall behind, ALWAYS get ahead and you will be fine :)

I just finished up my first semester. I would just brush up on your anatomy and be pretty familiar with general locations of each muscle group, other than that ENJOY what is left of your free time. You will get so much information thrown at you over the next semester that studying now is barely helpful, just relax and plan to spend every moment of free time in the lab or studying if you are trying to get an A in anatomy. It is SO easy to fall behind, ALWAYS get ahead and you will be fine :)
Thank you so much! I didn't think the first semester would be too bad, until I received my books. That is when the panic truly set in lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkeaE_uo128lFQYXm3tgMbI0dqrj9NapU

I'm a third year DPT student. This is the playlist on my vlog channel about the transition into PT school. It contains all the information I wished I had known before my first semester of the program! There is much more content on the channel about PT school, but I believe this playlist is a great place for you to start before beginning your program. Best of luck.

The big day begins next week. Is there any advice/tips anyone can offer? A few Medical/Pharmacy friends have given a few study tips here and there, but I figured their schooling was a tad bit different than mine.

Congrats! Where are you going for your DPT?