First semester starts next week. Any advice/tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HopefulDPT16

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The big day begins next week. Is there any advice/tips anyone can offer? A few Medical/Pharmacy friends have given a few study tips here and there, but I figured their schooling was a tad bit different than mine.
 
I just finished up my first semester. I would just brush up on your anatomy and be pretty familiar with general locations of each muscle group, other than that ENJOY what is left of your free time. You will get so much information thrown at you over the next semester that studying now is barely helpful, just relax and plan to spend every moment of free time in the lab or studying if you are trying to get an A in anatomy. It is SO easy to fall behind, ALWAYS get ahead and you will be fine 🙂
 
I just finished up my first semester. I would just brush up on your anatomy and be pretty familiar with general locations of each muscle group, other than that ENJOY what is left of your free time. You will get so much information thrown at you over the next semester that studying now is barely helpful, just relax and plan to spend every moment of free time in the lab or studying if you are trying to get an A in anatomy. It is SO easy to fall behind, ALWAYS get ahead and you will be fine 🙂
Thank you so much! I didn't think the first semester would be too bad, until I received my books. That is when the panic truly set in lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The big day begins next week. Is there any advice/tips anyone can offer? A few Medical/Pharmacy friends have given a few study tips here and there, but I figured their schooling was a tad bit different than mine.

Congrats! Where are you going for your DPT?