First time applicant...WAMC

paytoncorey

2+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2019
  1. Pre-Veterinary
    This is my first time applying and I'm super excited, I'm a florida resident and an Animal Biology major at the University of South Florida, I will be graduating in Spring. I have all my prerequisites done besides animal nutrition im currently taking as well as cell bio required for select schools.

I am applying to: Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi State, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Mizzou, Purdue
    Current stats
    Cumulative GPA: 3.70
    Last 45: 3.74
    Science GPA: 3.75
    Prerequisite GPA: 3.9 may vary for TN and AU when completing cell bio

Vet Related Employment
    Veterinary Assistant for the last 4 years, around 4000 hours of experience with small animal and 2 of the doctors are board-certified dermatologists.

Vet Hours:
    60 hours -- Pure equine experience at Equine Medical Center of Ocala, shadowing/foal sitter

Animal Hours:
    Wild Florida Sanctuary – 15 hours
    Big Cat Rescue – 20 hours
    Arabiana Miniature Horse Farm – 60 hours

Volunteering:
    Volunteering at Energy and Marine Center (EMC) teaching elementary school students about the ecosystems of Florida

Research:
    Field Study and publication with the parasitologist at Kansas State CVM during a flea study taking place in Fl last summer.

Extracurriculars
    Pre-Vet Club

Awards/Scholarships
    Dean's List - 4 semesters
    Chancellors list- 1 semester
    Bright Futures Scholarship

Degrees at time of application
    AA degree that I obtained while in high school.

arialexis

Apr 14, 2019
    1. Pre-Veterinary
      This is my first time applying and I'm super excited, I'm a florida resident and an Animal Biology major at the University of South Florida, I will be graduating in Spring. I have all my prerequisites done besides animal nutrition im currently taking as well as cell bio required for select schools.

I am applying to: Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi State, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Mizzou, Purdue
      Current stats
      Cumulative GPA: 3.70
      Last 45: 3.74
      Science GPA: 3.75
      Prerequisite GPA: 3.9 may vary for TN and AU when completing cell bio

Vet Related Employment
      Veterinary Assistant for the last 4 years, around 4000 hours of experience with small animal and 2 of the doctors are board-certified dermatologists.

Vet Hours:
      60 hours -- Pure equine experience at Equine Medical Center of Ocala, shadowing/foal sitter

Animal Hours:
      Wild Florida Sanctuary – 15 hours
      Big Cat Rescue – 20 hours
      Arabiana Miniature Horse Farm – 60 hours

Volunteering:
      Volunteering at Energy and Marine Center (EMC) teaching elementary school students about the ecosystems of Florida

Research:
      Field Study and publication with the parasitologist at Kansas State CVM during a flea study taking place in Fl last summer.

Extracurriculars
      Pre-Vet Club

Awards/Scholarships
      Dean's List - 4 semesters
      Chancellors list- 1 semester
      Bright Futures Scholarship

Degrees at time of application
      AA degree that I obtained while in high school.

I think you are a competitive applicant this cycle! Lots of experience while keeping up above average grades. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 user

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unyeetable Wolf
      7+ Year Member
      Gold Member
    • Apr 18, 2013
      The doll factory
      1. Veterinarian
        Agreed, I can't really think of specific suggestions to make for you other than the typical - nail your essays, get multiple people to read over them, and make sure you're getting strong recommendation letters. I think you're in a pretty good spot as long as you keep doing what you're doing :)

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.