Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

First time applying for a job, what is the protocol?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Carboxilic774, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Carboxilic774

Carboxilic774 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello, here is my story:
    I want to be a pharmacist, I would like to get in by Fall 2007. I am taking the pre-pharm courses right now. I decided to get some pharmacy experience so it would look good in my aplication. I went to shadow a pharmacist that I know back on Nov. 14. They offered me a job as a pHARMCAY TECH (CLERK, to begin with). They gave me the paperwork (drug test and background check) on Nov. 21 (Monday). I sent the background check right away but I didn't do my drug test until Nov. 28 because I didn't have time to do it before. I know there is nothing wrong with my background check or drug results but I haven't heard from them and it has been a week since I took the drug test. At the lab they said it would take them like 2 or 3 days to have the results. Should I call the pharmacy and ask them if they got all of my information, or should I just wait? Is there some kind of protocol to follow when they told you you were accepted and the only thing you needed to do was the paper work. Maybe I am doing wrong by not calling them.
    PLEASE ADVISE!!!

2. babieblueazn

babieblueazn Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I would recommend you call the pharmacy manager.

I work with another clerk who was in the same situation you're currently in. After she had taken the drug test, she was told it would take 2-3 days before they would get the results. she waited a week and received no call from the store. she called the pharmacy manager and talked to him. He then transfered her to the general store manager who dealt with all the drug tests and the paperwork. She was then told that they had lost her drug test. And for some odd reason they never called her to let her know they had lost it. In the end, she basically had to take a second drug test.

3. babieblueazn

babieblueazn Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

I work with another clerk who was in the same situation you're currently in. After she had taken the drug test, she was told it would take 2-3 days before they would get the results. she waited a week and received no call from the store. she called the pharmacy manager and talked to him. He then transfered her to the general store manager who dealt with all the drug tests and the paperwork. She was then told that they had lost her drug test. And for some odd reason they never called her to let her know they had lost it. In the end, she basically had to take a second drug test.

4. babieblueazn

babieblueazn Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy

5. babieblueazn

babieblueazn Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    how do i delete replies? for some reason my post came up 3 times. can the moderators delete the extra post. thanks =)

6. Carboxilic774

Carboxilic774 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you anyway!!! I will call first thing Monday
    One question thou, are you saying that because they took the drug test I am pretty much IN, meaning they are not taking away this job from me (ofcourse unless I were using drugs)

7. babieblueazn

babieblueazn Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I would assume you have the job because stores wouldn't just waste their money and have you take a drug test if they weren't planning to hire you. it's like throwing money down the drain if you passed the drug test and didn't schedule you to work.