first time posting, and I need your help ;-(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gomigomi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok........I have 22 days (including today) until my first DAT, and I am seriously FREAKING OUT already!

I have been studing since June 22nd, and I am planning to take DAT on the 15th of August.

I took the first practice exam (Kaplan BB CD) last week, and it came out awful (I really mean awful, 14's!!!), but like everyone else, I really need to ace this exam! ;-(

Well, I don't know how I ended up with 14's on that Kaplan CD practice exam, and I know it was just "a practice exam" plus it was one and only practice exam I ever took, but WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? :scared::scared::scared:

I have read Kaplan twice, took notes as I went through, and read MCAT hyperlearning for BIO (not a whole thing) and Ochem once. I have to admit that I am such a slow learner, but still, 14/14?

Since I have almost 3 weeks left, I'm "planning" to finish destroyer along with Cliffs AP BIO/CDP in one week (done qr section already, and I'm in the middle of bio section), and do topscore/acheiver for the rest of 2 weeks.

Haven't finish Bio 2 course (I withdrew from class in last semester when we were half way through), and I'm applying for NEXT cycle.

Do you think I should take the exam (if I really really try my best and study hard for the next three weeks), or push back the test date?
Any suggestions on study methods or plans or anyting? Any advices? Your help will be truly appreciated. Thank you ;-)

Members don't see this ad.

you should be fine the first time i took Kaplan I got 15s/14s as long as you put the time studying into it and stay consistant with that study schedule you should come ahead. i tried studying 5-6 hrs a day but i work two 40 hr jobs so that was really difficult but i stayed with studying every day and now my test in on july 27 and i am getting 19/20 on Kaplan try doing the subject review seesions and then take the quiz after to see what you are messing up on. a week before your test if you are still not doing well push it back a week or two at the most and try studying twice as much. trust me you will be fine once you put your full effort into it

Ok........I have 22 days (including today) until my first DAT, and I am seriously FREAKING OUT already!

I have been studing since June 22nd, and I am planning to take DAT on the 15th of August.

I took the first practice exam (Kaplan BB CD) last week, and it came out awful (I really mean awful, 14's!!!), but like everyone else, I really need to ace this exam! ;-(

Well, I don't know how I ended up with 14's on that Kaplan CD practice exam, and I know it was just "a practice exam" plus it was one and only practice exam I ever took, but WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? :scared::scared::scared:

I have read Kaplan twice, took notes as I went through, and read MCAT hyperlearning for BIO (not a whole thing) and Ochem once. I have to admit that I am such a slow learner, but still, 14/14?

Since I have almost 3 weeks left, I'm "planning" to finish destroyer along with Cliffs AP BIO/CDP in one week (done qr section already, and I'm in the middle of bio section), and do topscore/acheiver for the rest of 2 weeks.

Haven't finish Bio 2 course (I withdrew from class in last semester when we were half way through), and I'm applying for NEXT cycle.

Do you think I should take the exam (if I really really try my best and study hard for the next three weeks), or push back the test date?
Any suggestions on study methods or plans or anyting? Any advices? Your help will be truly appreciated. Thank you ;-)

You should push it back but only if that will give you more time to study. If you're going to be in classes or busy with other things, or unmotivated, then just suck it up and take it. If you will put in more time, then push it off a couple weeks. It's only 10 bucks to reschedule and a lot more of a pain (and money!) to retake.

Also, you asked for advice...I don't know how far along with your prereqs you are but it looks terrible that you withdrew from General Bio. Obviously unless there were special circumstances... get your act together!

ayo i think you'll be fine - three weeks before my exam, i wasn't completely ready and about half of my studying happened in those last two weeks - theyre crucial to learning the ins and outs of all the cycles and little bits of information - i think you'll be fine if you keep grinding it out