First week of internship

Started by Davelee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Davelee

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started working as an intern in a local retail this Monday. Exhausted but the experience was not bad. Staff are very friendly, and Ive learned a lot.

The brand/generic names are my biggest challenge. Reading them on textbooks is one thing, hearing them in the real world is another thing. I have no retail experience before. Any advice for a beginner? I appreciate your help.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mmmmm, he wouldn't be able to intern unless he has a Pharm.D or is in pharmacy school. It could be that he's just a tech trying to get a better idea of pharmacy while in medical school.

better than what I assumed. I assumed he/she was an idiot and didn't know to check pharmacy student instead of med student.
 
I am not sure why my status did not show correctly. I am actually a foreign pharmacy graduate. Can anyone help me with my question?
The brand/generic names are my biggest challenge. Reading them on textbooks is one thing, hearing them in the real world is another thing. I have no retail experience before. Any advice for a beginner? I appreciate your help.