First-Year Dropout (Med Student)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The OP cant even speak english WTF how did she get accepted in the first place?!!

Members don't see this ad.

The OP cant even speak english WTF how did she get accepted in the first place?!!

Aw. Now you know there are a lot of doctors out there who don't speak or understand English. She'd fit right in. :)

I noticed the OP's status says pre-pharm. Did it say pre-med originally? I hope we didn't scare her out of her dreams....

I don't think it's impossible for her to get back in, but it will probably take a few years of proving herself after her bad decision.

it always said pre phaerm i windered about that to before;)

accepted2014 UCF

Aw. Now you know there are a lot of doctors out there who don't speak or understand English. She'd fit right in. :)

I noticed the OP's status says pre-pharm. Did it say pre-med originally? I hope we didn't scare her out of her dreams....

I don't think it's impossible for her to get back in, but it will probably take a few years of proving herself after her bad decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its kind of like health insurance... no one plans to get sick, but you go out of your way to get health insurance in the event that something horiffic DOES happen.

If there was a smidgen of a possibility that the OP wanted to go back, why not get a LOA? I mean its just a signature and piece of paper.

Many of us are pretty worried about getting into medical school. That's all the pre-meds. While I agree that it's not really right for us to bash the OP, we do have a hard time believing that she had a chance that many of us are worried about never having. At least, I am, as a re-applicant. It does piss me off a little bit when people throw away those chances. That's all. I don't know the circumstances and I'm sure I'm not justified in being all mean and judgmental, but there it is. That's why some of us have those attitudes. I'm sure when we're in medical school, etc, we'll be looking at these threads and reacting the same way you are - disbelief at how angry and aggressive people can be.

To the op: I think if any applicant with a matriculation hx is dead set on trying to start school over with a blank slate, your only feasible option would be the caribbean medical schools. Of course, when it comes time for licensure, you'll end up right back in the AMA system. Then you'd be 200K in the hole with a degree you wouldn't be able to use clinically.

Better just to ask your school or new schools what your odds are. Better to know for sure it's a possibility than to spend a few years hoping you're never discovered.